PDA

View Full Version : looking for decent speakers

EFD307
02-18-2014, 06:00 PM
having recently totaled my car :( im in the market for some new door speakers, i was using two sets of alpine alpine sps 517 while they were a significant improvement compared with stock speakers i wasn't too happy how distorted the highs were. I was using and will use again alpine's 45 watt power pack to amp the door speakers. so im looking for some decent quality speakers that don't require an amplifier. i know i cant expect much for what i am putting into them but if anyone has recommendations i am open to suggestions.

the car is a 06 ford escape, fits 6x8 and with some modification it fit the 5x7

thanks!

trumpet
02-18-2014, 06:12 PM
JBL GTO8628. They'll get plenty of power from that amplifier. If you want separate tweeters, GTO608C.

EFD307
02-18-2014, 11:34 PM
JBL GTO8628. They'll get plenty of power from that amplifier. If you want separate tweeters, GTO608C.

you think those get better sound than the alpines? ive only had one experience with JBL audio and it wasn't excellent. i don't mean to come off as argumentative just wondering if there is a subjective or objective difference that made them better.

trumpet
02-19-2014, 11:50 AM
you think those get better sound than the alpines? ive only had one experience with JBL audio and it wasn't excellent. i don't mean to come off as argumentative just wondering if there is a subjective or objective difference that made them better.

In the end it's all subjective when you're comparing similar speakers. I personally think they're great for the money, which I why I recommended them. Pioneer and Clarion have good speakers in the same price range.

Franky L
03-06-2014, 02:52 AM
Pioneer and Clarion have good speakers.