PDA

View Full Version : Stereo with remote display

zamarii
02-17-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm looking for an after market stereo to put in my ford flex. problem is it's either mount it really low with the scoshe kit or buy a center console from a wrecked car and get a head unit that uses a remote display so i can mount the main deck remotely. Problem is I can't find a setup like that anywhere on the internet can someone give me help, preferably an 8 inch display.

Side Show
02-17-2014, 11:15 PM
have seen a headunit (pioneer) mounted in the glove box and the faceplate mounted on the sunvisor, pretty sure it was a detachable faceplate and they just solder'd the connections. twas in a older style car and used ipod only

zamarii
02-18-2014, 12:33 AM
Eh I'm looking for the full shebang bt nav but the scene can only about 1.5" deep or it'll hit the hvac. But you bring up a good point if it has a detachable face plate I could hopefully make or get an extension.

trumpet
02-18-2014, 12:43 PM
It looks like it's either the Scosche kit or a very risky warranty-voiding procedure to attempt to remote mount a head unit. If you just want to add BT and navigation you can do both of that with aftermarket add-ons. Rydeen MN312S (http://store.513electronics.com/rydeen-mn312s/) would give you both of these features built into a rear view mirror. We've had excellent results with this piece and it's very easy to install.