PDA

View Full Version : need help from some of car audio seasoned veterans

vibe
02-16-2014, 12:46 AM
Im looking for THE best set of component speaker for under $1000.
Focal, dynaudio, cdt, phd, alpine f1, hertz
Im going to be running 2 tantric hdd 12s on a saz5k so j need em to get loud. And looking for a super sq 4 channel. Mcintosh sundown hertz
Any help would be awesome. Definitely in the market

michaellane
02-16-2014, 12:59 AM
Couldnt really help ive been running the same set of comps for 5 years lol. Mine get loud tho

vibe
02-16-2014, 01:08 AM
Whatcha got mane???

jrdnhsnbrg
02-16-2014, 01:09 AM
If you're looking for crazy super loud, Sundown neo pros and a set of super tweets on a metric **** ton of power should do the trick.

michaellane
02-16-2014, 01:19 AM
Kicker ss. Run them on a kicker 850.2...like 395 watts per door or so

vibe
02-16-2014, 01:19 AM
If you're looking for crazy super loud, Sundown neo pros and a set of super tweets on a metric **** ton of power should do the trick.

For sure. Im also looking for incredible sound quality as well

SounDrive
02-16-2014, 01:28 AM
For sure. Im also looking for incredible sound quality as well

You'll want to go active (or make your own passive crossovers) and use some high end pro audio, such as B&C. You'll need a 3 way front stage if you do so, because pro audio needs to be crossed over higher and lacks in the midbass region.

mylows10
02-16-2014, 01:29 AM
Ground zero uraniums in a active set up. But you'll need at least 2 sets

vibe
02-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Ground zero uraniums in a active set up. But you'll need at least 2 sets

Ahhjim damnit. Good call brotha ive wanted to run sumthin ground zero for a while

mylows10
02-16-2014, 01:51 AM
Ahhjim damnit. Good call brotha ive wanted to run sumthin ground zero for a while

Yea me too. Theresa's truck is nasty loud on the gzpa 1.4000dx2 Very happy with it. Had dinner with Brandon and hung out all day. Got to look at some nice amps subs and a set of those components. They are very sweet looking

vibe
02-16-2014, 02:21 AM
Yea me too. Theresa's truck is nasty loud on the gzpa 1.4000dx2 Very happy with it. Had dinner with Brandon and hung out all day. Got to look at some nice amps subs and a set of those components. They are very sweet looking

Dude the life you live. God of car audio compared to me. N i bet its loud n sounds good getting loud. I still want the 10000 watt 15s. Like 4 of em on 4 ab 1100.1 but thats not happening anytime soon

mylows10
02-16-2014, 09:54 AM
Dude the life you live. God of car audio compared to me. N i bet its loud n sounds good getting loud. I still want the 10000 watt 15s. Like 4 of em on 4 ab 1100.1 but thats not happening anytime soon

It does sound good. I'm no car audio god by any means. Just another bass head. But thanks

pickup1
02-16-2014, 10:06 AM
It does sound good. I'm no car audio god by any means. Just another bass head. But thanks

But lucky enough to be in the business.....

soundstreamer
02-16-2014, 10:22 AM
This might sound weird, but after listening to some Hybrid Audio Technologies (HAT as I know them), and some Maestro component sets, I found some Kenwood eXcelon speakers that sounded better to me.
I don't think you should be basing your purchase off what someone else recommends to you. Go hear for yourself and find what you like... Or go buy some Kenwoods because I said so.

vibe
02-16-2014, 11:08 AM
This might sound weird, but after listening to some Hybrid Audio Technologies (HAT as I know them), and some Maestro component sets, I found some Kenwood eXcelon speakers that sounded better to me.
I don't think you should be basing your purchase off what someone else recommends to you. Go hear for yourself and find what you like... Or go buy some Kenwoods because I said so.
Lol for sure. Im the typa dude that will end up buying one of each of the speakers i listed n **** it maybe ill even get kenwoods. But im getting vround zeros first

soundstreamer
02-16-2014, 04:21 PM
The kenwoods do rock. Here's a link in case you want to consider them(although they can be found cheaper elsewhere(Theres a vendor or two on this site which I'm sure would be willing to work with you also)). They are seriously pack an awesome bang for the buck ratio.
Kenwood Excelon XR-1800P 7" component speaker system at Crutchfield.com (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113XR1800P/Kenwood-Excelon-XR-1800P.html?tp=106)

I also have a sweet spot for DLS, but I do like the pricier sets.

trumpet
02-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Are you going to build new speaker mounts? Do you need to keep a low key appearance? The way I handle requests like this is with a consultation to try to get the customer something to best suit their needs without being restricted to a pre-existing speaker system. If that interests you get in touch with me privately, please.

mlstrass
02-17-2014, 03:55 AM
Im looking for THE best set of component speaker for under $1000.
Focal, dynaudio, cdt, phd, alpine f1, hertz
Im going to be running 2 tantric hdd 12s on a saz5k so j need em to get loud. And looking for a super sq 4 channel. Mcintosh sundown hertz
Any help would be awesome. Definitely in the market

5kw substage and "just need em to get loud", then why are you looking at $1k comp sets and super SQ 4ch amps?????

Personally I would want to hear speakers in person if dropping $1k on a set vs what somebody on a forum recommends...

erod
02-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Beymas

vibe
02-18-2014, 04:55 AM
5kw substage and "just need em to get loud", then why are you looking at $1k comp sets and super SQ 4ch amps?????

Personally I would want to hear speakers in person if dropping $1k on a set vs what somebody on a forum recommends...
Trust me i agree. But the problem is. Nibody in my near area would have anywhere near a nice set of speakers. So that options very limited for me

trumpet
02-18-2014, 10:27 AM
If you'd care for suggestions of high end shops to visit I think that would be worth your time. You have a Retailer of the Year award winning shop not far from you.

mlstrass
02-19-2014, 01:49 AM
Again if spending $1k for a set of comps I'd be willing to drive a few hours to hear them in person and make sure MY ears like them....

vibe
02-19-2014, 02:15 AM
Again if spending $1k for a set of comps I'd be willing to drive a few hours to hear them in person and make sure MY ears like them....

Well theres alot of variables from vehicle to vehicle. But i agree. Anyone around az that has some id love to meet up. Still im a collector as well but i think ima go ground zero

2Dcore
02-19-2014, 07:09 AM
I like the fosgate T series comps, Especially T5's ($900+) Wish i could afford them, Lol! I got the lower end T's and they sound awesome. I use the fosgate pro tweets they sound great not harsh at all like some other pro tweets

T3mpest
02-20-2014, 09:45 AM

So he can dump them into stock locations and brag about their super SQ due to the names on the box.. Kinda like running some SQ HDC4's in a sealed box and bragging about how loud you are...

If you want to get loud for 1000 and still sound good. Pick up some high end pro audio mids from B&C, BMS, 18sound and pair them with some image dynamic horns. You can get there for less than 1000, it'll blow away any component speaker in SPL and if you put them in the proper locations, you'll stage and image very well.