PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new headunit!

slomaro
02-14-2014, 04:05 AM
So I recently got a new(er) car and moved my previous audio set up into it. My setup was a Pioneer TS-W309D2 sub in a sealed box powered by a Kenwood KAC9105D amp @ 4 ohms. All of that led into an Alpine EQ (an older one) then into a crappy JVC deck. But it sounded AMAZING. I was really impressed. Fast forward and I got my new(er) car and moved everything into the car minus the EQ and Head unit and the sound dropped tremendously. The new head unit is a Pioneer DEH-P77DH w/ subwoofer outs and it sounds like ****. Is it the head unit making it sound so crappy?
Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for a new head unit. I've looked on CL and found a few Kenwood Exceleons (the 2010ish model) and like the way they look. I love simplicity. My budget is pretty open but would like to stay around $150ish.
Thanks for reading!

Jeffdachef
02-14-2014, 04:24 AM
Amazon.com: Clarion CZ702 Vehicle CD Digital Music Player Receiver: Car Electronics (http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-CZ702-Vehicle-Digital-Receiver/dp/B006WVXA0I) best headunit under 150 sound quality and feature wise. It has Digital Time Alignment and is Active Capable to boot.