PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter to match with ID CTX65cs

MrOneEyedBoh
02-11-2014, 09:49 PM
I have the ID CTX 6.5cs and Im overall happy with them, but they seem like they have a harsh tweeter. I know location plays a huge part, but I mounted mine in the sail panel on my 2006 f250. They are flush mounted and look good, but I have them turned wayy down and Im loosing some some quality IMO. Is there something that is the the same size that I can put in its place and still work with the crossover?

T3mpest
02-19-2014, 01:43 PM
I have the ID CTX 6.5cs and Im overall happy with them, but they seem like they have a harsh tweeter. I know location plays a huge part, but I mounted mine in the sail panel on my 2006 f250. They are flush mounted and look good, but I have them turned wayy down and Im loosing some some quality IMO. Is there something that is the the same size that I can put in its place and still work with the crossover?

Those aren't harsh tweets, it's likely your locations which means your just going to be wasting money trying to fix it. See if you can aim them a bit more off axis for free or invest in an deck with an equalizer. That's a much better use of your money than playing mix and match until you find something you like the response of.