PDA

View Full Version : Something weird happening...sorry for the long post

Aslmx
02-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I have a pioneer in dash DVD head unit avh 1400 or something like that can't really remember. It's in a Nissan pathfinder that had the Bose system. I installed some Polk 6.5s in the front doors. I have been running them with the Bose amps still in place and yea it was horrible. I finally got to run new wires to them straight from the hu. Ok it sounded beautiful for about 3 days. Now the left front has stopped working, I thought no biggie probably just a wire came loose. I checked the wires at the speaker and hu and both were ok. The funny thing is that i still have the factory speakers in the rear doors so I would fade all the way front to cancel them out. Now when I fade to the rear the left front will come on and yes it's hooked to the correct channel. The factory tweeters are still in and playing, I guess they are hooked to a different channel. Anyone have a clue as to what May have happened? The right still works but I can tell a big difference in the way it sounds now rather then the other day when I first changed it. I will soon be putting everything on an amp and pretty sure that will fix it but I was just wondering what happened. Did the existing Bose stuff screw it up some how

Side Show
02-11-2014, 02:37 AM
swap the left speaker for the right speaker, i'd say it's a wiring issue (maybe check between the door and cabin)

Aslmx
02-11-2014, 11:15 AM
swap the left speaker for the right speaker, i'd say it's a wiring issue (maybe check between the door and cabin) thats what i thought also but it comes on when I fade to the rear just not when i fade all the way to the front.

Side Show
02-12-2014, 02:36 AM
yeah you have the speakers in the car wired to the wrong speaker output from the headunit. if done correctly, you should be able to fade to the front and have the two front speakers working then fade to the left and the right will stop working ect.

Side Show
02-12-2014, 02:37 AM
if it was working befor and all of a sudden it stopped working. go back to the last thing you changed or adjusted befor it happened.

Aslmx
02-12-2014, 10:13 AM
I ll recheck but I didn't change anything when it happened. It was working great for about 3 days and then it just happened. I checked everything and I thought the channel went out until I noticed it would work when I faded to the rear.

Side Show
02-12-2014, 09:36 PM
yeah sounds weird to me, so have you bypassed the bose amp altogether and the fronts are running from the headunit pwr?

Aslmx
02-13-2014, 11:46 AM
yeah sounds weird to me, so have you bypassed the bose amp altogether and the fronts are running from the headunit pwr? yea thats what I did to the front doors but I left the rear doors on the amps and just faded all the way to the front plus the tweeters in the pillars are still working. I thought it would have got them when I bypassed. It siunded great fpr a few days. New amp should be here in a few days so I will be redoing everything but wish I had the front stages off the deck in case I needed them. Can I run 4 speakers off 2 channels on my new amp without weird ohm stuff happening? PPI 800.4