PDA

View Full Version : Focal Access + Factory Bose System?

mr_naler
02-03-2014, 11:34 PM
A friend of mine has a 2005 Trailblazer EXT. He wants to replace his front speakers. I suggested running a 2 way component set, and possibly amplifying them. Though, with running them off of the factory amplifier, I could put in better speakers.

What is your opinion on running Focal Access 5 1/4" 2-way components with the factory amplifier?

accuab
02-04-2014, 05:10 PM
They won't have sufficient power. Bose is designed normally for 2 ohm or less.

mrawesome
02-04-2014, 05:19 PM
I don't know what the factory amp is actually rated for, but, the factory amp will be fine as long as the impedance of the new speakers isn't lower than the factory ones. ;)

you may experience a drop in power if it's to high though.

Go2Sleep
02-04-2014, 05:54 PM
focals are extremely efficient. just wanted to note that

bigaudiofanatic
02-04-2014, 06:48 PM
I would NOT advise to run them off the factory amp, polyglass lines are not that efficient, they need proper power and running them off a stock amp they aren't going to sound as good as they could.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

focals are extremely efficient. just wanted to note that

Maybe their cheaper ones but the higher end ones love power.

Go2Sleep
02-04-2014, 09:58 PM
I would NOT advise to run them off the factory amp, polyglass lines are not that efficient, they need proper power and running them off a stock amp they aren't going to sound as good as they could.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Maybe their cheaper ones but the higher end ones love power.
He mentioned the "Access" line... that's what I was referring to

to the OP twistedchild420 on youtube had a video of some focal access drivers on a stock headunit that was impressive