PDA

View Full Version : install ideas

mazdashaken
01-27-2014, 03:50 PM
hey guys just joined this site and was wondering if i could get some help.. i have this crazy idea.. over the past year or two i have acquired a total of 5 subs and i have 2 amps. one i have recently blew out the lpf. and i have a 2003 mazda protege dx that has roughly 13 cu ft and i was just curious if it would e possible to cram at least for out of my 5 12's in i have 2 p3d4-12 and 2 12 sony explodes.. i know that neither of these brands a GREAT but i got them at a good price and i figure that these would make great guinea pigs for my design and then ill slowly by upgrades.. i am capable of building my own box if needed. and feel free to through in your preferred subs and amps.. ill be needing another amp for my p3's

mylows10
01-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Don't mix subs. Could cause cancellation issues if your gonna run the p3 subs get a 1000 rms amp for them If it where me. I'd sell all of it on craigslist and come back here for some new gear. Like a set of 15s. Sundown tantric xfl fi and so on. And a decent amp to push them. Also get a big 3 kit ,a agm battery , and some good wire

mazdashaken
01-27-2014, 04:11 PM
oh ok i didn't think that they would cancel out if they were in different boxes i was thinking about porting the sony's... and try to blow em.. one i have put back together they started life in my wheeler to are kinda trashed. but i like your idea im shooting for loud and shake people vehicles

mazdashaken
01-27-2014, 04:15 PM
also i just recently had my head unit stolen what would be a good price for quality. and which works better for systems? double din or single i can run either or.

bubbagumper6
01-27-2014, 04:20 PM
You're not going to shake anyone's vehicle with the equipment you've listed. Not trying to be a ****, just trying to save you time/disappointment. Do what Lows said and sell the stuff then come back here and we'll help you put together the groundpounder you're looking for.

mazdashaken
01-27-2014, 04:37 PM
sweet i appreciate the help guys.. and don't worry no hurt feeling here :) but again any ideas on a head unit?

mylows10
01-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Yea. If your trying to shake down the block then I've found the the DVD unit work best. If you get decently loud a regular cd deck. Even a good one will skip When you turn it up So what's your budget for a new deck ?

mazdashaken
01-28-2014, 03:26 AM
I am in no hurry and want to do this right so my budget is fairly high

2Dcore
01-28-2014, 06:59 AM
When it comes to decks i love my Alpine's, you might want to buy one with 3 sets of 4v outputs.

bubbagumper6
01-28-2014, 12:30 PM
sweet i appreciate the help guys.. and don't worry no hurt feeling here :) but again any ideas on a head unit?

Single din or double din? I bought one of the newer Pioneer double din touchscreens and so far I've been very pleased with it. But I've also owned Alpine's & Clarion's in the past and had no issues.