PDA

View Full Version : If anyone knows...

Dimwit
01-23-2014, 08:45 PM
I was wondering if I could run some sort of Ac to Dc power converter and run car audio equipment off it. I have a Dc power converter that can put out 100 amps and 13.8 V and I just want to run a small car audio sub amp (it has two 30 amp fuses on it). I also have an amp that has 4 25 amp fuses on it so Im not sure which I would go with If I were to go through with it.

Would this be bad for the amps or the power converter? Also would I need some sort of car battery in between the amp and converter? I understand that I could just buy a plate amplifier to run my sub but I'm trying to avoid spending the extra money right now. Any help would be great!

Dimwit
01-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Any help?

basswiigee
01-23-2014, 10:00 PM
run the little one, the one with the 4 25 amp fuse may be way too much drawl for you.... its ok I know tons of people that run it like that.... won't hurt amp or converter

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

if you have a ac/dc converter you don't need a batt. it plugs into wall...

fasfocus00
01-23-2014, 10:13 PM
so do you have the battery? hope its sealed. seriously quit being cheap and lazy and just spend the $50-125 on a nice plate amp from parts express. it'll be so much easier and look so much better.

Dimwit
01-23-2014, 10:19 PM
so do you have the battery? hope its sealed. seriously quit being cheap and lazy and just spend the $50-125 on a nice plate amp from parts express. it'll be so much easier and look so much better.

I don't appreciate being called cheap and lazy.. Insults help no one. I just wanted to know if it could be done safely so I could have a little project to mess with.

run the little one, the one with the 4 25 amp fuse may be way too much drawl for you.... its ok I know tons of people that run it like that.... won't hurt amp or converter

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

if you have a ac/dc converter you don't need a batt. it plugs into wall...

Thanks for your help!