PDA

View Full Version : New tweeter sugestion? Mine just blew

herms95civic
01-13-2014, 10:33 PM
I literally just bought some (cheap) power acoustik nb4 tweeters to pair with my polk dxi6500 dxi mid bass driver and crossover( when I bought the compoment set it was minus the tweeters) and their already blown. Ive been searching.around at prices on tweeters bit would like to get yalls opinion on what would pair good with my dxi's for around 50 bucks are less.

mylows10
01-13-2014, 10:34 PM
None

Side Show
01-13-2014, 11:52 PM
why did they blow?

mylows10
01-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Try pasty express

Chromatic
01-14-2014, 03:52 AM
I literally just bought some (cheap) power acoustik nb4 tweeters to pair with my polk dxi6500 dxi mid bass driver and crossover( when I bought the compoment set it was minus the tweeters) and their already blown. Ive been searching.around at prices on tweeters bit would like to get yalls opinion on what would pair good with my dxi's for around 50 bucks are less.

Ebay isn't loading for me right now.. not sure what's up. Anyhow.. If it were me,.. and on a budget, I'd shop around on ebay for just the tweeters for your dxi6500's.. so they are matched for the mid's and crossover properly, for proper tone and to prevent "blowing" as a component set is designed to work together with the power rating/crossover etc.

Example (old ebay link ): https://www.google.com/search?q=car+tweeters&oq=car+tweeters&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7601j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=polk+dxi6500+tweeters&safe=off&tbm=shop&spd=15813773348144335491

You may could just the component set used and use the tweeters, and have back up mids.. That ebay link had just the tweeters for your set for like $23ish dollars.. can't beat that.

If you are trying to get a better tweeter than what came with the set.. Then that's another matter of course. I'd personally spend a little more and grab a proper component set new (or used in the classified here).. then use those mids in the back , etc.

I'm sure you'll get good help from others. Tweeters can be had for fairly cheap and of great quality,.. now matching them to your dxi's may prove to be a little more difficult,.. $50 will likely buy much better "tweeters" than your mids. But I will say if you find something for say $75 that works well.. Don't let the extra bit of money hold you back.

Good luck!

jeffdachef
01-14-2014, 05:42 AM
madison sound Vifa tweeters. Miles better then power accoustik

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/index.php?p=home
you can search around but vifas gets great reviews with their tweets, go to brands => vifa and take your pick, got soft dome, metal dome, horn etc..