PDA

View Full Version : Jensen JRV210B

tundra06
01-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Any thoughts / experience with this unit?

The specs look good, but I am having trouble finding useful reviews of this unit online. Doesn't seem like a very well known unit.

What I like:
- stock look, non glossy finish
- full dot display
- USB, aux, satellite ready

mrlandry409
01-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Sorry bro. Most of the guys here are arrogant anus' who wont assist you if you are using an "inferior" brand. They do not take into consideration that everyone isnt trying to impress or win a competition, but simply want affordable equipment that they may feel is cool to them. Its back to high school and these are the "cool kids" here. Ive spoken to guys at onlinecarstero and other places and while Jensen isnt the best, there are worse brands. Buy what you like and what you can afford! Good luck!

tundra06
01-09-2014, 02:19 AM
LOL

Well that's too bad.
I'll lurk around for another couple of weeks and see what happens.

I'm more interested in great sound quality and features, and less on the "bling" factor.

I'm just getting into car audio stuff over the last couple of days, so I'm just learning on which brands are "cool" and which are "not". ;)

Side Show
01-09-2014, 03:13 AM
very cheaply made headunits hence the cheap prices..... 9 out of 10 units will fail within a month in one way or another, and proberly half of the units will be faulty brand new out the box.

with anything in this world, you get what you pay for.

tundra06
01-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks, Side Show.

I opted for the newer and better known Kenwood DPX500BT.

I had the unit professionally installed (I have some long drives for work coming up, and I figured I'd save myself a weekend of swear words and frustration).

And wouldn't you know it, there are problems... I wrote about that in a separate post:
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/598372-new-install-problems-need-advice.html