PDA

View Full Version : Touchscreen DSP options

Only The Best
01-07-2014, 08:45 PM
So I'm looking for a touchscreen headunit that has a DSP built into it... or possibly a cheaper but respected brand DSP that i will be using in SQ competitions as well as the vehicle being my every day driver so i would like to have bluetooth and navigation... let me know what there is out there.... thank you!

neo_styles
01-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Clarion NX702? With the h800, you can control Imprint presets with the Alpine W505 as well, but good luck finding one

Bettr n' Revrse
01-07-2014, 08:53 PM
So I'm looking for a touchscreen headunit that has a DSP built into it... or possibly a cheaper but respected brand DSP that i will be using in SQ competitions as well as the vehicle being my every day driver so i would like to have bluetooth and navigation... let me know what there is out there.... thank you!

There isnt one unfortunately... However I would highly suggest a Kenwood DNX 690 or 890 with external processing

winkychevelle
01-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Jvc arsenals top 2 I bellieve have decent crossovers and t/a

neo_styles
01-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Jvc arsenals top 2 I bellieve have decent crossovers and t/a

Can't speak for the double-DIN, but the flagship single does. Pretty smart unit, but cruddy 5-band graphic EQ. Makes me just run everything flat, so thankfully it's a pretty neutral deck

winkychevelle
01-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Can't speak for the double-DIN, but the flagship single does. Pretty smart unit, but cruddy 5-band graphic EQ. Makes me just run everything flat, so thankfully it's a pretty neutral deck

Personally I have no problem with jvc decks and really enjoy them typically. I twnd to stick with pioneer if im using metal dome tweets and alpine for silk domes due to the tonality of the deck.

but for all my current needs its hard to beat an 80prs for the money

neo_styles
01-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Personally I have no problem with jvc decks and really enjoy them typically. I twnd to stick with pioneer if im using metal dome tweets and alpine for silk domes due to the tonality of the deck.

but for all my current needs its hard to beat an 80prs for the money

Don't get me wrong. I'm really happy with my A95BT. I truly enjoy The sound when run flat. I'm just saying you'd need an external proc or dedicated equalizer if you had to apply any EQ.

As for the Arsenal DD, all I could find on it was a 3-band parametric. No mention of adjustable Q or TA.

Only The Best
01-07-2014, 10:34 PM
so the Clarion NX702 does or does not hsve a DSP?

nismos14
01-08-2014, 11:31 AM
No, but it does 3-way active with t/a. My buddy's selling his if you are interested. He installed a dex-p99 instead.

Silver-N-Black
01-08-2014, 11:37 AM
No, but it does 3-way active with t/a. My buddy's selling his if you are interested. He installed a dex-p99 instead.

Too bad this units wouldn't allow me to run my current setup.

nismos14
01-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Why not? W hat ya got now?

Silver-N-Black
01-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Tweeter and 4" mids on the a pillar and 6.5 midbass on the doors. Of course sub in the trunk.

nismos14
01-08-2014, 01:11 PM
In that kind of configuration you could always use an inline crossover with the midrange and tweeter, tweet high pass from nx to those, and then bandpass the midbass and sub. :)

Only The Best
01-09-2014, 12:47 PM
so I guess my options for the best competition quality navi / touchscreen that will accommodate my needs to tune the speakers would be the
1. Clarion NX702
2. Kenwood DNX 890
3. Alpine W505

or at least thats what has been thrown out... if there are any better ones please feel free to chime in... if not which of these 3 is the better one?
thank you all for your responses

nismos14
01-09-2014, 02:59 PM
The only active capable one is the NX702, the alpine can do it with an adapter, the kenwood needs external processing.

Only The Best
01-09-2014, 03:04 PM
The only active capable one is the NX702, the alpine can do it with an adapter, the kenwood needs external processing.

when you say "the only active capable one" do you mean that by saying i could get an external DSP and plug it right in? If so... what are some options for a low profile good looking DSP.

nismos14
01-09-2014, 03:11 PM
No, I'm saying you can run active (no external crossovers, the HU would handle them). Are you sure you know what you're really looking for?

It can run active = it can lowpass the low range, it can high pass the tweeter, and it can bandpass the midbass. This particular unit (NX702) has two bandpass crossovers, and one high pass so you can bandpassa midbass, midrange, and tweets, or bandpass subs, bandpass midbass, and high pass tweeters.