PDA

View Full Version : Design Questions for 2 Sundown Sd-10"s

07taco
01-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Could not find the answer I was looking for, so here it goes!

Vehicle : 2007 Toyota Tacoma
Location in the vehicle: Behind Back seat
Space available (Length x Width x Height): 48 5/8" x 7.5" x 17'
Subwoofer make and model:Sundown Audio Sd Series
Subwoofer Size:10" 4ohm
Number of Subwoofers:2
Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.):Ported or sealed
What type of music do you like?: Everything
Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday
Tuning Freq (Hz):39.7
Volume :Moderate to loud
Questions:

Right now I am running a cheap box from ebay. Dual box sealed. Each side has 75^3ft in it and I know the subs need around .5^3 ft recommended by SD. For some reason I know I am not getting full use out of the Subs. I am running them with a sundown audio amp. SAE 1000d running at 1ohm to both speakers. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction in getting full use of my subs and if anyone has any plans they could point me to. that would be greatly appreciated. If not i was going to modifty my box that i have now. Taking what i can to build a proper box. Thing is, the box is not a box its more of a trapezoid type box. That is where my confusion comes in when building one and getting the right amount of space for my subs. I just want to get the most use out of my subs because i love them!

Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 2005 Up 12" Grey Subwoofer Sub Enclosure Box w Amp Rack | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-TACOMA-DOUBLE-CAB-2005-UP-12-GREY-SUBWOOFER-SUB-ENCLOSURE-BOX-W-AMP-RACK-/281236777018)

that is the box i am running now. Anything info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

bbeljefe
01-10-2014, 12:59 PM
The volume recommended by the manufacturer isn't what the subs have to have in order to perform, it's either the minimum for good performance or an average for good performance. By having your subs in a larger sealed volume you actually get better low end extension from them, although you'd get even better performance from a ported enclosure.

Also, how did you manage to install 10" woofers in a box made for 12s?