PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on these speakers please

Ridinhi
01-02-2014, 04:55 PM
Kenwood KFC-P680C 6"x8" 2-way plate speakers at Crutchfield.com (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DDbFVJhMkPt/p_113KFCP680/Kenwood-KFC-P680C.html#overview-tab)

can be had for way cheaper,just a link to see them. Looking to replace all door speakers in my Expedition and these should be a simple exchange. Will be amping the speakers. I like the fact that the tweeter is seperate from the mid with an external xover on the rear plate.Just have no experience with Kenwwod speakers and wanting to know if it qwill be worth it. Just trying to avoid using adapters.

dbjunior
01-02-2014, 07:06 PM
No first hand with those but similar style speaker an I had great results. They look decent so if the price is good I'd try them. Should be noticeably better than stock maybe not as much bass from them due to cone area but cleaner midrange an smoother response.

trumpet
01-02-2014, 07:17 PM
I can't order the better Kenwood speakers, but I was just thinking about them recently. I like what they're doing, and those plate speakers look really nice.

Ridinhi
01-03-2014, 12:22 PM
No first hand with those but similar style speaker an I had great results. They look decent so if the price is good I'd try them. Should be noticeably better than stock maybe not as much bass from them due to cone area but cleaner midrange an smoother response.
whcih speakers did you have before?

I can't order the better Kenwood speakers, but I was just thinking about them recently. I like what they're doing, and those plate speakers look really nice.

Yep, really liking these....or either the jbl P8662

jrdnhsnbrg
01-03-2014, 12:25 PM
I have Kenwood 6x8's and 6.5's in my car, will be amount them soon, I'm very happy with the SQ on them! Go for it man