PDA

View Full Version : Box question for 2 Soundqubed SDC2.5 15's

Griffcha
12-22-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty new to this, but I'm pretty solid in wanting to learn how to build my own boxes, I want something for my budget and currently that is far less than the space I'm willing to use. I'm looking at running 2 Soundqubed SDC2.5 15's or 2 HDS215 subs in the back seat of my extended cab silverado using an RE Audio CTX 1600.2. The space I want to work with is 54in wide, 26.5in high, 24in deep ~19 cubic feet, I want both the subs and the port facing the seats, the square port would be 25in high and 8in wide and about 11in deep. I was wondering would utilizing that space for only 2 15's be worthwhile since I'm not using the space for anything else, or will it actually hurt my subs performance in such a big box? If so, how far should I downsize from this box, roughly?

thatguy12
12-22-2013, 06:22 PM
look at the manufactures specs and box sizes they recommend for their particular subs.

mlstrass
12-23-2013, 04:23 AM
I've done those subs in 9cubes net, no reason to go crazy big just because you have the room. What about 3 15's?

Griffcha
12-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Okay, the 3 15's sound like a better plan, thanks for answering my question. :)

mlstrass
12-24-2013, 03:43 AM
Okay, the 3 15's sound like a better plan, thanks for answering my question. :)

Try to make sure all 3 subs are positioned the same over the port, otherwise you might have loading issues...

Griffcha
12-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Heres what I have on Torres for the 3 15's, how feasible is this for 3 hds 315's? it looks pretty stable on WinISD, I haven't drawn up any 3D images yet for the design but they will be spaced as follows, both the subs and the port will face forward, the 2 end 15's will be centered and put fairly close to the ends the middle 15 will be below the port and towards the bottom more so than the 2 end 15's. I want something that will be one of the best budget spl options without walling off my extended cab silverado. I would love to hear any criticism or suggestions, thanks for the help! :D
http://i.imgur.com/INxEU9Q.png

Try to make sure all 3 subs are positioned the same over the port, otherwise you might have loading issues...
When you say positioned the same over the port, does what I describe above fit that description? also what do you mean loading issues?

Griffcha
12-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Heres what I have on Torres for the 3 15's, how feasible is this for 3 hds 315's? it looks pretty stable on WinISD, I haven't drawn up any 3D images yet for the design but they will be spaced as follows, both the subs and the port will face forward, the 2 end 15's will be centered and put fairly close to the ends the middle 15 will be below the port and towards the bottom more so than the 2 end 15's. I want something that will be one of the best budget spl options without walling off my extended cab silverado. I would love to hear any criticism or suggestions, thanks for the help! :D
http://imgur.com/INxEU9Q

When you say positioned the same over the port, does what I describe above fit that description? also what do you mean loading issues?

mlstrass
12-29-2013, 07:07 AM
I can't really picture what you mean, got a pic/drawing?

Griffcha
01-06-2014, 05:29 PM
pretty much scrapped the idea since I'm changing vehicles now, but this was the VERY ROUGH idea I was going for.
http://i.imgur.com/6buchpf.png

bgowdy31
01-06-2014, 05:45 PM
I'm pretty new to this, but I'm pretty solid in wanting to learn how to build my own boxes, I want something for my budget and currently that is far less than the space I'm willing to use. I'm looking at running 2 Soundqubed SDC2.5 15's or 2 HDS215 subs in the back seat of my extended cab silverado using an RE Audio CTX 1600.2. The space I want to work with is 54in wide, 26.5in high, 24in deep ~19 cubic feet, I want both the subs and the port facing the seats, the square port would be 25in high and 8in wide and about 11in deep. I was wondering would utilizing that space for only 2 15's be worthwhile since I'm not using the space for anything else, or will it actually hurt my subs performance in such a big box? If so, how far should I downsize from this box, roughly?

trust me man. in that EXT cab do fire your subs up, and the port to the side. leave about 6-8"s for the sub to breath. You will be much happier trust me

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

pretty much scrapped the idea since I'm changing vehicles now, but this was the VERY ROUGH idea I was going for.
http://i.imgur.com/6buchpf.png

never mind

mlstrass
01-07-2014, 03:46 AM
your design will work, but as suggested subs up/port to the side is normally the way to go...