12-02-2013, 02:09 PM
1999 Civic Hatchback
161,xxx miles
D16 motor
pretty much all stock, lowered front and rear about 2 inches
2009 Civic Si exhaust
manual everything but will be converted to power

Equipment list:
HU: Pioneer 80prs ran to a Ipad in the dash, secondary source will be a ipod in case i dont have the ipad
Mid bass: RF P1 8" subs
Mad Range: 2x Crossfire 6.5s
Tweets: 2 or 4x Interfire SIlk Dome
Amps: 2x Ampere 3800.1s, 2 Ampere 125.4s
Subs: Still undecided... Either 2 DC Level 6 18s or 4 Level 4xl 15s if i can fit them properly
Electrical: Mechman 240 amp alt, 1/0 welding cable, unsure on batts ATM, Maxwell Super caps, unsure of how many..
Lots of Tool Maker goodies

gonna have some other cool custom fabbed shiz, gonna do a SMD VM-1 to monitor clipping, along with some other goodies.

still in the process of gathering gear but the build will start slowly now then get serious in about 2 weeks.

heres a pic to hold you guys over until then, Ill be starting some small parts of the build soon, stay tuned!

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/1C8F342F-F567-4E06-BA4A-98BF24CDE501_zps8b2a58b2.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/1C8F342F-F567-4E06-BA4A-98BF24CDE501_zps8b2a58b2.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/00z0z_iN9CekrUjL4_300x300_zps8ef84a3a.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/00z0z_iN9CekrUjL4_300x300_zps8ef84a3a.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/A8A34F7C-755C-4CBA-9F3A-458D66D07C9F_zpsmzukhinj.png (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/A8A34F7C-755C-4CBA-9F3A-458D66D07C9F_zpsmzukhinj.png.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/B80917FA-D5DB-4F93-8406-F83685278F97-146-00000009D4584599_zps127a0c6c.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/B80917FA-D5DB-4F93-8406-F83685278F97-146-00000009D4584599_zps127a0c6c.jpg.html)

resonate
12-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Lots of batteries for that kind of power, this is gonna be a heavy build.

jrdnhsnbrg
12-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Either a PILE of batteries, a much bigger alt, or dual alts...

lowNlouddd
12-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Lots of batteries for that kind of power, this is gonna be a heavy build.

Lots of Deka Intimidators if my guy comes through. About 105ah a piece from what I hear. The maxwell super caps will help out tremendously as well..

as far as weight management, yeah she's gonna have redone suspension in the rear. Thinking about bagging it, air shocks at the very least. We'll see..

Either a PILE of batteries, a much bigger alt, or dual alts...

Starting off with probably a mechman 240, haven't really looked down in there to see if I can squeeze a second. I'll sort it out when the time comes.

jaeguerra909
12-02-2013, 06:01 PM
I don't think the motor wikl take 2 alts to be honest my 180 amp alt all ready has issues ur best bet is doing 5 to 6 group 31 batts I had 5 of an xs 8k and stayed in the 12 volt range dont expect to have a stout electrical at all in a civic and u have enough room for 4 15s I would go that route but not dc lol

CandeShop
12-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Starting off with probably a mechman 240, haven't really looked down in there to see if I can squeeze a second. I'll sort it out when the time comes.

First alt is going to have to be a one wire gm cs130d case alt. "240" coming from a stock honda casing just ain't gonna happen.

2nd alt you'd have to give up either power steering or a/c for another one to fit and have proper tension.

I've built quite a few Hondas in my day and they are quite easy as long as you have the proper equipment. 2 18's in the hatch is more than doable, 4 15's is pushing it (in proper air space) while having enough space for amps, batteries and such.

Timmy13091
12-02-2013, 07:00 PM
I don't think the motor wikl take 2 alts to be honest my 180 amp alt all ready has issues ur best bet is doing 5 to 6 group 31 batts I had 5 of an xs 8k and stayed in the 12 volt range dont expect to have a stout electrical at all in a civic and u have enough room for 4 15s I would go that route but not dc lol

What's your beef with dc ?

jaeguerra909
12-02-2013, 07:10 PM
First alt is going to have to be a one wire gm cs130d case alt. "240" coming from a stock honda casing just ain't gonna happen.

2nd alt you'd have to give up either power steering or a/c for another one to fit and have proper tension.

I've built quite a few Hondas in my day and they are quite easy as long as you have the proper equipment. 2 18's in the hatch is more than doable, 4 15's is pushing it (in proper air space) while having enough space for amps, batteries and such.

I have 4 18s and have just enough airspace if I was to do 4 15s I would have max specs for 15s

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

They have ****** soft parts

Timmy13091
12-02-2013, 07:12 PM
I have 4 18s and have just enough airspace if I was to do 4 15s I would have max specs for 15s

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

That's funny I hear that a lot but all my dc woofers have took almost double rated :eyebrow:

lowNlouddd
12-02-2013, 07:14 PM

batts wont be a problem, I'll have plenty, the alt will be (a problem possibly), and do you have experience with DC? because I do, whether your talking DC power, or DC audio, i have personal experience with them and both rock

false, its not gonna be a cs130 casing, that alternator case is a joke, its going to be a 6 phase alt with a OEM design, but enlarged significantly, as big as I can go to fit in there, mechman and DC both did away with the cs130 in these cars back in like 09.. i totally agree with you in the aspect that 240 wont be coming out of that stock casing though, its puny.

2, for the second alt, thats way down the road, however this will be a DD sooo, A/C isnt going anywhere, we'll see about power steering.

I may be Pm'ing you with some questions later on if you dont mind, im new to the site obviously, i appreciate the insight @candeshop

probably heard of someone having problems and took their word for it:rolleyes:

lowNlouddd
12-02-2013, 07:18 PM

you can not do 4 18s, ive read your build, youve said yourself you dont have near enough reccomended volume for your 18s, id rather give my subs proper airspace and let them make sweet love with my ears..

and DC? bad softparts? theres multiple people ive been to shows and see their subs take a **** ton of power, one guy on youtube has a DC level 6 18 on 10k.. and does 55s! ive had personal experience with the level 3s, 4s, and seen a level 6... their very beastly subs that take way more than rated and get very low..

now that, that is sorted.

lets get BACK to the build, starting the dash tonight, pics up soon

jaeguerra909
12-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Dc power is good I have dc power im talking dc audio idk I know countless people who have issues with thier soft parts they just dont hold up as good as other brands

lowNlouddd
12-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Dc power is good I have dc power im talking dc audio idk I know countless people who have issues with thier soft parts they just dont hold up as good as other brands

clipping, ox design, among other issues contribute to this. but to each its own

jaeguerra909
12-02-2013, 08:09 PM
you can not do 4 18s, ive read your build, youve said yourself you dont have near enough reccomended volume for your 18s, id rather give my subs proper airspace and let them make sweet love with my ears..

and DC? bad softparts? theres multiple people ive been to shows and see their subs take a **** ton of power, one guy on youtube has a DC level 6 18 on 10k.. and does 55s! ive had personal experience with the level 3s, 4s, and seen a level 6... their very beastly subs that take way more than rated and get very low..

now that, that is sorted.

lets get BACK to the build, starting the dash tonight, pics up soon

I have over 20 cubes and the zv4 only requires 4 minimum that means I have more power I can put to my woofers the bigger the box the more it goes down and starts to play sloppy so dont say I don't have enough airspace when u dont even know the size of my wall

jaeguerra909
12-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Lol I didn't even wanna go into a brand convo all I said was dc mehhh that was it didnt wanna have a debate on them lol its ur build u do what u think is best u seem to have a lot of "experience"

lowNlouddd
12-02-2013, 08:21 PM
I have over 20 cubes and the zv4 only requires 4 minimum that means I have more power I can put to my woofers the bigger the box the more it goes down and starts to play sloppy so dont say I don't have enough airspace when u dont even know the size of my wall

over 20 cubes meaning like 21.. so i do know how much you have. you dont have enough airspace. lol

Lol I didn't even wanna go into a brand convo all I said was dc mehhh that was it didnt wanna have a debate on them lol its ur build u do what u think is best u seem to have a lot of "experience"

yes, i do have alot of experience. just because im new to this site doesnt mean i dont, post count/join date doesnt mean ****, alot of people on here are morons from what i can see

jrdnhsnbrg
12-02-2013, 08:26 PM

Box size doesn't determine (to an extent) how "sloppy" a sub plays, a bigger box makes a sub more efficient so it can put out the same amount of sound with less power.

jaeguerra909
12-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Box size doesn't determine (to an extent) how "sloppy" a sub plays, a bigger box makes a sub more efficient so it can put out the same amount of sound with less power.

Idk if I should take an 18 yr olds advice or not lol trust me when a box starts to get too big the woofer loses control but u are correct about the efficency

jrdnhsnbrg
12-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Idk if I should take an 18 yr olds advice or not lol trust me when a box starts to get too big the woofer loses control but u are correct about the efficency

That's why I said to an extent, eventually the box will be so big the sub thinks its in a free air setup.

jaeguerra909
12-02-2013, 08:33 PM
But any ways I dont feel like cluttering this guys log every one bombarded mine I have respect unlike many others so let this be a positive post for op good luck with ur build man

Timmy13091
12-02-2013, 09:51 PM

Name some of those people who had issues .? Sounds to me like your letting the forum morons make your opinion for ya

Timmy13091
12-02-2013, 09:53 PM

I've heard of way more problems with sundown x's and z's then any (meh)dc woofers ... Just saying

Timmy13091
12-02-2013, 09:56 PM
over 20 cubes meaning like 21.. so i do know how much you have. you dont have enough airspace. lol

yes, i do have alot of experience. just because im new to this site doesnt mean i dont, post count/join date doesnt mean ****, alot of people on here are morons from what i can see

I've ran level 4xls custom built and the m3 level 6 this past year ... Either one you'll be more then happy with ... I'm currently running dd subs but that's not because of any problems it's Just because I got hooked up local :)

blobb454
12-02-2013, 10:29 PM
So, op... Lets we some pics! Equipment? Interior pulled apart yet?

lowNlouddd
12-02-2013, 11:24 PM
I've ran level 4xls custom built and the m3 level 6 this past year ... Either one you'll be more then happy with ... I'm currently running dd subs but that's not because of any problems it's Just because I got hooked up local :)

I hear ya man, guy local has a 99z 18".. omg i love it lol, it does amazing, and yes im leaning towards the 6s, m3s of course. they dont make parts for 2's anymore i hear.. itll be loud regardless..

So, op... Lets we some pics! Equipment? Interior pulled apart yet?

Not ATM, i bought the car friday, tied up with fam all day saturday, left for school on sunday:rage: i really didn't wanna come back lol, i left the car at home since i havent got the registration and insurance into my name yet but as soon I get home in about a week its on like Donkey Kong. Ill be getting paid for a large job i did, and have about 5k to spend, gonna order all my audioz, start building the shell, and do some maintenance as well while im waiting on the equipment to get here. Im thinking black and purple for the theme, meaning carbon caps with purple logo, black and purple port, purple techflex, its gonna be a really clean build.

Timmy13091
12-02-2013, 11:38 PM
I hear ya man, guy local has a 99z 18".. omg i love it lol, it does amazing, and yes im leaning towards the 6s, m3s of course. they dont make parts for 2's anymore i hear.. .

It's all good the m3 is a bigger motor :thumbupw: and 2 on a whole lot of power is gunna be nasty ... Can't wait to see this build start moving along

mlstrass
12-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Purple DC Power 270xp would look nice under the hood :yumyum:

blobb454
12-03-2013, 07:16 AM
I wish I had $5k to play with... In for pics and build progress!

lowNlouddd
12-03-2013, 12:23 PM
It's all good the m3 is a bigger motor :thumbupw: and 2 on a whole lot of power is gunna be nasty ... Can't wait to see this build start moving along

Sweet, you liked your level 6 huh? I want it to play very authoritive down into the 20s to about 50, my mid bass will take over from there.

Purple DC Power 270xp would look nice under the hood :yumyum:

I loved my xp270s, sold them because they are Gm large cases so they won't fit on here but, biggest DC makes for this car is a 180:wow: however they weren't taking into consideration ill be running a much beefier belt than what's on the car stock, but if not, ill just have mechman powder it purple. That sounds like it would be very ****

I wish I had $5k to play with... In for pics and build progress!

Man, who are you telling I've been saying that for a while. Some things fell into place and now I have the civic. Once I get paid, all them funds are gonna go bye bye, gear, materials, some maintained e on the car, then if I have any left, coil overs to help with weight and some rota slip streams with some nice purple extended lugs.

black05alti
12-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Can't wait to see this beast started!

n8skow
12-04-2013, 12:55 PM
The SMD VM-1 is DC volt meter...
What is that unit you have there?

gonna have some other cool custom fabbed shiz, gonna do a SMD VM-1 to monitor clipping, along with some other goodies.

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/B80917FA-D5DB-4F93-8406-F83685278F97-146-00000009D4584599_zps127a0c6c.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/B80917FA-D5DB-4F93-8406-F83685278F97-146-00000009D4584599_zps127a0c6c.jpg.html)

jaeguerra909
12-04-2013, 08:25 PM

Did u not nust hear I have over 20 cubes I just said they require 4 cubes minimum meaning I couldddd do a 16 cube box if I wanted I have overrrr 20 lol so I have just a tad over 5 cubes per sub u have a tonnnnn of experience if u say I dont have enough airspace ur smoking crack lol I cant waitttt to see ur build haha And ur right there are a lot of morons on here so dont join them by saying my wall is too small. Guy that builds my boxs knows what hes doing where are ur db drag records? Enlighten me.

jrdnhsnbrg
12-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Did u not nust hear I have over 20 cubes I just said they require 4 cubes minimum meaning I couldddd do a 16 cube box if I wanted I have overrrr 20 lol so I have just a tad over 5 cubes per sub u have a tonnnnn of experience if u say I dont have enough airspace ur smoking crack lol I cant waitttt to see ur build haha And ur right there are a lot of morons on here so dont join them by saying my wall is too small. Guy that builds my boxs knows what hes doing where are ur db drag records? Enlighten me.

He was wondering exactly what size the wall is...

lowNlouddd
12-04-2013, 08:45 PM
The SMD VM-1 is DC volt meter...
What is that unit you have there?

My apologies, was very tired when I wrote that. The unit pictures that I have is a OM-1, it's a output meter. And the reason I have it is because you can calibrate it to your maximum undistorted volume, so that it's last blue light will light up when your playing full tilt (with a clean undistorted song) and that's why I bought it. So that if I play a dirty song and don't know it I'll have a real time response telling me it's a clipped song. Not all SMD products are worthless lol. Some have multiple uses for them. And that's why I buy some **** from the guy

I don't have any records, and I don't need to have any to tell you your box is too small and if they were in a bigger proper box they would preform better. You mad? Take it else where I don't care. I'm not taking a **** on your thread even though I don't agree with what your doing. I'll be doing 50s in the 20s and 30s. And that's all I care about.

Good day sir

jaeguerra909
12-04-2013, 08:51 PM
My apologies, was very tired when I wrote that. The unit pictures that I have is a OM-1, it's a output meter. And the reason I have it is because you can calibrate it to your maximum undistorted volume, so that it's last blue light will light up when your playing full tilt (with a clean undistorted song) and that's why I bought it. So that if I play a dirty song and don't know it I'll have a real time response telling me it's a clipped song. Not all SMD products are worthless lol. Some have multiple uses for them. And that's why I buy some **** from the guy

I don't have any records, and I don't need to have any to tell you your box is too small and if they were in a bigger proper box they would preform better. You mad? Take it else where I don't care. I'm not taking a **** on your thread even though I don't agree with what your doing. I'll be doing 50s in the 20s and 30s. And that's all I care about.

Good day sir

Oh I can do 50s in thw 30s no problem ur tripping if u think ur gonna do 50s in the 20s if ur sooo **** smart browski ull know our cars peak high our cars are notttt meant to play super low at all and theres no way u would wven achieve that with just 2 18s I dont see it with the lack of cone area. And yea I didnt think u had any records this conversation is now over lmao best of luck to u buddy.

jaeguerra909
12-04-2013, 08:53 PM
He was wondering exactly what size the wall is...

No way to find out exact there are too many curves my box wasnt a big square and pushed inside my car it was molded into the whole back of the car thats why mine is over 20 cubes I kno a guy down here with the same car as me and only got 16 cubes

lowNlouddd
12-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Oh I can do 50s in thw 30s no problem ur tripping if u think ur gonna do 50s in the 20s if ur sooo **** smart browski ull know our cars peak high our cars are notttt meant to play super low at all and theres no way u would wven achieve that with just 2 18s I dont see it with the lack of cone area. And yea I didnt think u had any records this conversation is now over lmao best of luck to u buddy.

So if our cars aren't designed to play low, why did you even bother building and spending all this money to do so? I don't need any records to prove anything. Lolz will be had if and when I'm louder than you on half the cone area and less power, it wouldn't suprise me though.

Your peak is very subjective to many different things, your box, car, your subs even. I've seen a guys peak drop 10 hz with just a woofer swap. We'll see man. We'll see.

jaeguerra909
12-04-2013, 09:08 PM
So if our cars aren't designed to play low, why did you even bother building and spending all this money to do so? I don't need any records to prove anything. Lolz will be had if and when I'm louder than you on half the cone area and less power, it wouldn't suprise me though.

Your peak is very subjective to many different things, your box, car, your subs even. I've seen a guys peak drop 10 hz with just a woofer swap. We'll see man. We'll see.

Well will see if u can pull a 55 ive all ready squeeed a 54 off a measly 5k lets see what happens when I get 10k haha

jaeguerra909
12-04-2013, 09:15 PM
And I spent the money cuz I thought I could try and manipulate it with low end drivers haha trust me ive been through this 3 times with the same car civics peak high ur in for a rude awaking tho if u think ur gonna do a 50 at 20hz

lowNlouddd
12-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Well will see if u can pull a 55 ive all ready squeeed a 54 off a measly 5k lets see what happens when I get 10k haha

Ill be using 2 ampere 3800.1s so 8k give or take, will be wiring low to help with rise.

And I spent the money cuz I thought I could try and manipulate it with low end drivers haha trust me ive been through this 3 times with the same car civics peak high ur in for a rude awaking tho if u think ur gonna do a 50 at 20hz

and not at 20hz no, im talking 25+, even if it doesn't I wont be mad. I build my systems for daily demo enjoyment, not the meter.

jaeguerra909
12-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Ill be using 2 ampere 3800.1s so 8k give or take, will be wiring low to help with rise.

and not at 20hz no, im talking 25+, even if it doesn't I wont be mad. I build my systems for daily demo enjoyment, not the meter.

If u build it for daily and not the meter then why would u even mention being louder then me..what a contradiction but yea the civics dont really like 25 hz they sound good 30hz and above.

Timmy13091
12-04-2013, 10:14 PM
If u build it for daily and not the meter then why would u even mention being louder then me..what a contradiction but yea the civics dont really like 25 hz they sound good 30hz and above.

Ill play 10hrtz in a CRX all day get on my level :furious: 160's son

jaeguerra909
12-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Ill play 10hrtz in a CRX all day get on my level :furious: 160's son

Cheaterrrrr car lol believe those still peak high

Timmy13091
12-04-2013, 10:19 PM

Oh ya real high lol I'm just talkin ish

lowNlouddd
12-04-2013, 10:20 PM

Doesn't matter. Hank Veach did 150+ @ like 26hz with 2 tantric 24s infinite baffle on 7k before rise in a crx...

lowNlouddd
12-04-2013, 10:21 PM
The point is it doesn't always matter what the peak is. I've seen many cars/trucks do it

jaeguerra909
12-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Doesn't matter. Hank Veach did 150+ @ like 26hz with 2 tantric 24s infinite baffle on 7k before rise in a crx...

That box was sealed sealed boxes play lower from the get go and I would assume a 50 with that setup at a low tone off that power no problem but this guys talking ported ill meter today at 25 hz for shits and giggles.

resonate
12-06-2013, 12:09 PM
That box was sealed sealed boxes play lower from the get go and I would assume a 50 with that setup at a low tone off that power no problem but this guys talking ported ill meter today at 25 hz for shits and giggles.

It was actually an IB setup if I remember correctly. Which, from what I've seen/heard, tend to have a more efficient response at lower frequencies than truly sealed designs.

n8skow
12-06-2013, 12:24 PM
^^this

juiceweazel
12-06-2013, 12:34 PM
I love watching pee pee wars ha ha ha

jaeguerra909
12-06-2013, 12:43 PM
It was actually an IB setup if I remember correctly. Which, from what I've seen/heard, tend to have a more efficient response at lower frequencies than truly sealed designs.
Hmm never heard of them but I heard making the trunk basically a box does not do well. But **** personally I wouldn't kno I know he sold everything after finals.

mazdakid
12-06-2013, 01:15 PM
I was doing over 140 at 19hz in my civic sedan with a single sub and an m3a.

resonate
12-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Hmm never heard of them but I heard making the trunk basically a box does not do well. But **** personally I wouldn't kno I know he sold everything after finals.

You've never heard of what? Infinite baffle designs? That's essentially what infinite baffles are, it's what Hank had in his CRX.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I was doing over 140 at 19hz in my civic sedan with a single sub and an m3a.

Nice score, man. Care to share the install/link to a log?

Staynlean
12-08-2013, 04:55 AM
Hey Op, Love your build. Can't wait for the final results. I just sold your exact same car 2 years ago.

Sad to say that I only upgraded the front components. I never added a sub. It was my future wife/ex Wife's car and only did the HU and doors.

Stating tuned for your build. Good luck, it's gonna slam

2Dcore
12-08-2013, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=jaeguerra909;8510479]I have 4 18s and have just enough airspace if I was to do 4 15s I would have max specs for 15s

akadj
12-29-2013, 01:36 AM
What's the status on the build?

lowNlouddd
12-30-2013, 06:15 PM
You've never heard of what? Infinite baffle designs? That's essentially what infinite baffles are, it's what Hank had in his CRX.

Yes sir that's correct

Hey Op, Love your build. Can't wait for the final results. I just sold your exact same car 2 years ago.

Sad to say that I only upgraded the front components. I never added a sub. It was my future wife/ex Wife's car and only did the HU and doors.

Stating tuned for your build. Good luck, it's gonna slam

Thanks man, I'm waiting on a pioneer 80 PRS I'm gonna glass into the center console, exodus anarchies for midbass coming as well instead of the RF P1s. I'm pretty excited for the front stage

What's the status on the build?

Moving along(; ill post some updates soon

itsblown
12-31-2013, 11:47 PM
wheres the pics

ilikeradios
01-01-2014, 12:34 AM
Where is the build thread?

lnsomnia
01-07-2014, 02:36 AM
Updates? I've been spying on your civic for a while now. Did you ever decide on two 18's or four 15's? I can hardly fit three 15's in my civic lol. I must be doing something wrong...

lowNlouddd
01-07-2014, 05:05 AM
wheres the pics

coming soon when i feel like posting

Updates? I've been spying on your civic for a while now. Did you ever decide on two 18's or four 15's? I can hardly fit three 15's in my civic lol. I must be doing something wrong...

quite a bit of updates, been gathering and stock piling pieces, its moving along. by the weeked i'll post a nice big ole update. and 2 18s is what im doing.

mlstrass
01-17-2014, 02:01 AM
look forward to pics..

infamous_e46
01-17-2014, 02:03 AM
Ricers smh

lowNlouddd
01-30-2014, 12:36 PM
look forward to pics..

Ricers smh

i done been slacking ill admit that but i have a decent amount of progress goin on, i have pics too just too lazy to upload, deadening and running all the wire this weekend gonna build the box in two weeks, its moving along well i fabbed up the ipad dash and custom center console along with some other stuff as well. pics coming be patient:p:

akadj
02-01-2014, 11:04 PM
And 2 weeks later, where are we now.. Still uploading pics? BAHAHA are you using dialup Internet 56k modem.. J/K LOL

lowNlouddd
03-03-2014, 01:07 PM
And 2 weeks later, where are we now.. Still uploading pics? BAHAHA are you using dialup Internet 56k modem.. J/K LOL

lulz, i guess you could say that. pics coming nao

HomeGrown
03-03-2014, 01:11 PM
In for the pics :).

Of civic

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Of civic

lowNlouddd
03-03-2014, 01:14 PM
80prs and Pac LC-1 knobs, will have one on the subs and the other on the exodus anarchies

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/490FF0A3-6666-4E20-AC3B-409510B18CC7_zpslxnwrp2g.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/490FF0A3-6666-4E20-AC3B-409510B18CC7_zpslxnwrp2g.jpg.html)

2" eclipse mid ranges i will be running up in the pillars

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/A20F2074-93FF-4968-AA09-7DD5E53D06CB_zpsfersyue5.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/A20F2074-93FF-4968-AA09-7DD5E53D06CB_zpsfersyue5.jpg.html)

start of the console, this used to be a CD holder and BS cup holder that would hardly hold a coke can, worthless! so i modded it to house my 80 prs and smd OM-1 to make room for the ipad in the dash.

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/1E77C64F-95A1-4693-9E8D-0ADCD85B8E56_zpst43h7eoa.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/1E77C64F-95A1-4693-9E8D-0ADCD85B8E56_zpst43h7eoa.jpg.html)

sizing it up

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/BA9EE72C-A220-4613-BD0B-A23507884FED_zpsp9iatejq.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/BA9EE72C-A220-4613-BD0B-A23507884FED_zpsp9iatejq.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/2C8AF60C-09C5-4695-B1BB-45CF46FA179B_zpsghqcfbxt.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/2C8AF60C-09C5-4695-B1BB-45CF46FA179B_zpsghqcfbxt.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/66E944CA-3DE9-45C1-B5FC-3DF0B369F3E3_zps9hkrprvg.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/66E944CA-3DE9-45C1-B5FC-3DF0B369F3E3_zps9hkrprvg.jpg.html)

it was cold as hell so i had it close to the space heater, went inside to take a duece and when i came back outside i found this, **** near ruined the whole thing... oops

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/18CDACB2-0DEB-4E99-92AA-B5F312D57AA2_zpsmxnmzfg5.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/18CDACB2-0DEB-4E99-92AA-B5F312D57AA2_zpsmxnmzfg5.jpg.html)

brought it back though, plastic welded some abs in there then used a lil bit of bondo to shape it back correctly, pain in the a$$.. stupid mistake on my part

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/30F75082-2A1D-49E5-B314-7493597260A1_zpsqnnqfy7y.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/30F75082-2A1D-49E5-B314-7493597260A1_zpsqnnqfy7y.jpg.html)

getting there

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/57B1E2F0-75B2-421A-ADA0-AA0943C7E61E_zpsvff8gln2.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/57B1E2F0-75B2-421A-ADA0-AA0943C7E61E_zpsvff8gln2.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
03-03-2014, 01:19 PM
bish needed a tune up so i changed out all the plugs,dist cap, plug wires, oil, did a cold air intake, few other things..

plugs were nasty

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/D9768C25-6E9B-4980-86C2-3AD1D2E32CA2_zpsxjbi1bfr.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/D9768C25-6E9B-4980-86C2-3AD1D2E32CA2_zpsxjbi1bfr.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/4940F678-E506-47D7-A714-830BF272E0F6_zps3bxgzela.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/4940F678-E506-47D7-A714-830BF272E0F6_zps3bxgzela.jpg.html)

yikes!

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/CC50F80C-767B-431B-B096-C0BF7DE73BF7_zpsdawvvs6y.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/CC50F80C-767B-431B-B096-C0BF7DE73BF7_zpsdawvvs6y.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/0F88D559-F71E-4127-9F28-E8B455EE0176_zpsa2qfjqel.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/0F88D559-F71E-4127-9F28-E8B455EE0176_zpsa2qfjqel.jpg.html)

ipad dash on the way

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/F1943C27-1261-47B5-B79A-F008A8D4491B_zpsladfety8.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/F1943C27-1261-47B5-B79A-F008A8D4491B_zpsladfety8.jpg.html)

deadener

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/938806CC-E1FA-4DEB-85CB-FBE45D4F20D1_zpsaakncnc3.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/938806CC-E1FA-4DEB-85CB-FBE45D4F20D1_zpsaakncnc3.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/812D8ED9-1364-4D73-A793-7EF790A82328_zpshqorqvrv.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/812D8ED9-1364-4D73-A793-7EF790A82328_zpshqorqvrv.jpg.html)

deadened the ***** out of the hatch

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/AE6B8DAD-78AE-43AE-BD16-B515220E875D_zpsqmp8hexq.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/AE6B8DAD-78AE-43AE-BD16-B515220E875D_zpsqmp8hexq.jpg.html)

took off the door panels to begin removing the manual doors to find this... the car was swimming at some point in its life for sure there was so much dirt and sand i vacuumed out of this car.. oh well, nothing i cant fix,but i got new doors all together with better paint and all the electric components inside so i began swapping that shiz over

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/30273710-E3BC-4189-AD9A-BD5C2F49D5F0_zpsx15hzbxw.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/30273710-E3BC-4189-AD9A-BD5C2F49D5F0_zpsx15hzbxw.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
03-03-2014, 01:25 PM
beginning of the door swap

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/598C7637-AEAC-452E-AB80-28A7FC51F3E8_zpsslmzoue0.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/598C7637-AEAC-452E-AB80-28A7FC51F3E8_zpsslmzoue0.jpg.html)

door off

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/52E078AB-FABD-4D5D-88F6-8C9DFA3BAEDF_zpslt2dks0y.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/52E078AB-FABD-4D5D-88F6-8C9DFA3BAEDF_zpslt2dks0y.jpg.html)

switching the locks and handle mechanism over to the new door

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/5BD70FF6-0348-4532-86DE-442956F25B12_zpsk4uqwwdk.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/5BD70FF6-0348-4532-86DE-442956F25B12_zpsk4uqwwdk.jpg.html)

had to make my own harness, routed it through the door with loom and cust the grommet, did alot of silicone on the back side to keep moisture out, its actually looks pretty close to factory.

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/F696ABEB-5DD9-4C9A-A27F-9C9DCB534029_zpsfpaac9xh.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/F696ABEB-5DD9-4C9A-A27F-9C9DCB534029_zpsfpaac9xh.jpg.html)

all tip tied and glued

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/0E30BD22-9056-4C01-B6C9-3FCB099DB072_zpsrhjcbaw0.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/0E30BD22-9056-4C01-B6C9-3FCB099DB072_zpsrhjcbaw0.jpg.html)

buttoning everything back up

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/16DEF100-76FC-4196-8819-6B09514992BE_zpsm5kazmci.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/16DEF100-76FC-4196-8819-6B09514992BE_zpsm5kazmci.jpg.html)

start of the doors

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/64C9477C-79E6-465A-A1A4-AB21800AB55B_zpsv7ajf9bd.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/64C9477C-79E6-465A-A1A4-AB21800AB55B_zpsv7ajf9bd.jpg.html)

10" ring in place, i want these to be flush like the factory panels are, they will be wrapped in tweed and look **** near stock.

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/08640025-4345-4605-89EF-B08609E8C902_zpsuuz4tler.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/08640025-4345-4605-89EF-B08609E8C902_zpsuuz4tler.jpg.html)

anarchy ring in place, both flush mounted

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/255380E6-AC4C-4EBA-AC85-5F445D03D82A_zpsyjtwiwso.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/255380E6-AC4C-4EBA-AC85-5F445D03D82A_zpsyjtwiwso.jpg.html)

holes drilled so the resin will seep through and grab onto the plastic

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/7C36A049-1524-4D89-AC8A-58351C621C03_zpsjy7nn4ss.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/7C36A049-1524-4D89-AC8A-58351C621C03_zpsjy7nn4ss.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
03-03-2014, 01:28 PM
wrapped and resined

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/59D27C6B-0AE1-4447-B8CF-44A41D30FCCD_zpshutqkvwn.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/59D27C6B-0AE1-4447-B8CF-44A41D30FCCD_zpshutqkvwn.jpg.html)

other door

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/CE3552AE-D4CF-4DC8-92AC-4C68844DA1FD_zpskhyetxbh.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/CE3552AE-D4CF-4DC8-92AC-4C68844DA1FD_zpskhyetxbh.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/B96D1321-141F-453A-A6A3-481BBC9FF3FA_zpsveoslwh9.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/B96D1321-141F-453A-A6A3-481BBC9FF3FA_zpsveoslwh9.jpg.html)

used amazing goop to secure the rings to the plastic, used two tubes of that stuff, it cures hard as a rock the rings arent going anywhere!

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/FB466626-64A6-415F-A69D-0A3977606565_zpscd7houv1.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/FB466626-64A6-415F-A69D-0A3977606565_zpscd7houv1.jpg.html)

resined and trimmed out around the rings

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/F42CC8DD-EBF5-471C-8FF9-8515D8D0CE23_zpswlifuaja.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/F42CC8DD-EBF5-471C-8FF9-8515D8D0CE23_zpswlifuaja.jpg.html)

wrapping the second door

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/D381F0CE-2B10-425D-B870-ECB4B07D87A9_zpsa8z9cskw.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/D381F0CE-2B10-425D-B870-ECB4B07D87A9_zpsa8z9cskw.jpg.html)

XS XP 950

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/C524AB01-B0BC-4907-876D-1110E468BA60_zpstdv8ngs7.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/C524AB01-B0BC-4907-876D-1110E468BA60_zpstdv8ngs7.jpg.html)

DC Audio hoodie to match my build, got it from CJ18 over on SMD

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/753834A2-AF34-4B53-8100-0892DB8AF266_zps3jxbpdpl.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/753834A2-AF34-4B53-8100-0892DB8AF266_zps3jxbpdpl.jpg.html)

gonna do these carbon caps on the subs with a white dc sticker on top

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/62a51e33-6802-455f-a905-b200e1defd9e_zps960ce673.png (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/62a51e33-6802-455f-a905-b200e1defd9e_zps960ce673.png.html)

lowNlouddd
03-03-2014, 01:31 PM
started building the floor, framed out with 2x4s

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/4DEDF8D4-44A7-4D4E-ADDE-C4FCCC177A2F_zpsxwi3ge02.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/4DEDF8D4-44A7-4D4E-ADDE-C4FCCC177A2F_zpsxwi3ge02.jpg.html)

frame done

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/52334161-ECCD-4882-ACBA-79A3C4A940BC_zpseaspkwky.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/52334161-ECCD-4882-ACBA-79A3C4A940BC_zpseaspkwky.jpg.html)

started doing a template out of cardboard to follow all of the contours

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/77D16795-D316-46D2-8BAD-EE25956A2444_zpsk5yfv7qi.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/77D16795-D316-46D2-8BAD-EE25956A2444_zpsk5yfv7qi.jpg.html)

traced it over to teh mdf

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/05E92114-1F4C-438D-B783-93EE860573F8_zpsnobr1vug.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/05E92114-1F4C-438D-B783-93EE860573F8_zpsnobr1vug.jpg.html)

cut out

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/735C5E9C-38D7-40D8-A8A2-1742F101FEC0_zps1k5sstf1.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/735C5E9C-38D7-40D8-A8A2-1742F101FEC0_zps1k5sstf1.jpg.html)

got it all in, in one piece! came in though the driver door, gonna build some of my box outside the car then slide it in and screw it all tofether, will be much better than building it all in the car

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/9B5A4E5B-2A54-4A4C-BB03-AFF8E8266014_zpsgnhdoerg.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/9B5A4E5B-2A54-4A4C-BB03-AFF8E8266014_zpsgnhdoerg.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
03-03-2014, 01:36 PM
custom DC sign

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/BC216776-E0FB-46CC-AF30-791F4D0FC9F5_zpswlefjzcn.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/BC216776-E0FB-46CC-AF30-791F4D0FC9F5_zpswlefjzcn.jpg.html)

8 gauge ofc for direct leads and aux power in the car

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/254B8A84-2C14-4E3E-A67A-4113802193AD_zpsetxjce7d.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/254B8A84-2C14-4E3E-A67A-4113802193AD_zpsetxjce7d.jpg.html)

bad *** controller i have for all my leds and the dc sign, 2 sets of 1/0-4 gauge reducers for the 4 channels.

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/BFC1AEAD-DA08-48F5-9240-62D2ADC18470_zpsiqe7lykq.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/BFC1AEAD-DA08-48F5-9240-62D2ADC18470_zpsiqe7lykq.jpg.html)

techflex for all my wire, will look really clean and nice

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/67B0FFC0-9792-4B5E-A24F-D2C7BEE12726_zpsxdb4ppn5.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/67B0FFC0-9792-4B5E-A24F-D2C7BEE12726_zpsxdb4ppn5.jpg.html)

tweed for the doors

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/2AEAF046-93CB-416F-9977-D47EEE0B4415_zpsh7qfdhlu.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/2AEAF046-93CB-416F-9977-D47EEE0B4415_zpsh7qfdhlu.jpg.html)

and thats where i am right now, subs and amps will be here this week. its about to finally all start coming together

lowNlouddd
03-03-2014, 02:02 PM

Of civic

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Of civic

there ya go buddy:fro:

HomeGrown
03-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Nice nice

lowNlouddd
03-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Nice nice

thanks man, progress is progress its slowly but surely moving along

akadj
03-04-2014, 12:14 AM
thanks man, progress is progress its slowly but surely moving along

That's what I'm talking about!

Looks good, I like the subfloor, dont forget to double up.. and your right about building as much as you can outside the car, my wall is the same.. You make a stronger and better box that way. Obviously there will come a point where you have to build in the car though.

Your on the right track for a very successful build!

lowNlouddd
04-08-2014, 12:47 PM
baskets for the subs came in

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1018_zps73391ae7.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1018_zps73391ae7.jpg.html)

lol friend of mine being a *******

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1024_zpsbbcf12de.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1024_zpsbbcf12de.jpg.html)

dat birch

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1020_zps7d169428.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1020_zps7d169428.jpg.html)

ampere guts

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1033_zps76d10fef.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1033_zps76d10fef.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1034_zps6fe41a47.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1034_zps6fe41a47.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1035_zps4f758c62.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1035_zps4f758c62.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1036_zps9f5c3f85.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1036_zps9f5c3f85.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1037_zps19e2cca5.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1037_zps19e2cca5.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1038_zps4dc22f1c.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1038_zps4dc22f1c.jpg.html)

will post more later its lunch time!

lowNlouddd
04-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Decided not to use the false floor as one pics, still gomna cut it up and use it on the sides though. Test fitting the bottom of the box

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1042_zps7674fed9.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1042_zps7674fed9.jpg.html)

Doin work

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1043_zps84a9f788.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1043_zps84a9f788.jpg.html)

Box design, 10.13 cubes with the daily port at 31 hz
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1044_zps6b882d7b.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1044_zps6b882d7b.jpg.html)

Box is double layered everywhere, gluing and screwing it together

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1046_zps70541942.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1046_zps70541942.jpg.html)

Front face of the box cut, and plexiglass flushed in

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1048_zps6879317d.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1048_zps6879317d.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
04-08-2014, 02:17 PM
What you will see turning around from the front seat, before round over

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1049_zps80697dcb.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1049_zps80697dcb.jpg.html)

After round over

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1050_zpse871a429.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1050_zpse871a429.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1051_zpsfe6c8343.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1051_zpsfe6c8343.jpg.html)

Gluin n screwin

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1053_zpscc649353.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1053_zpscc649353.jpg.html)

Lol my friend tanner helpin me, holy screws?

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1058_zps12d908d4.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1058_zps12d908d4.jpg.html)

Filling all the screw holes

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1060_zps826b13e4.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1060_zps826b13e4.jpg.html)

Double baffle with a flush mount 3rd baffle

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1061_zps9b0902a9.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1061_zps9b0902a9.jpg.html)

Time for a round over

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1062_zps9ad03af3.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1062_zps9ad03af3.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
04-08-2014, 02:28 PM
This box had to be assembled inside the car, I don't have a keg jig so I had to screw it together from the bottom, I rested the bottom of the box on some cinder blocks and screwed it together. It ******* suckkkkkkked, the BS cut wood in the middle is where the removable fuel pump plug will bolt into, it was the only scrap wood I had lol so I made it work, want be seen and will do the job just fine so I'm not worried

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1063_zps1eb4a61d.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1063_zps1eb4a61d.jpg.html)

My bullshiiiiiit rigged up "stand" for the box if you will lol

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1064_zps8705fdb5.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1064_zps8705fdb5.jpg.html)

Box in

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1072_zps42cc3f61.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1072_zps42cc3f61.jpg.html)

Sanded from 120, 220, then 400. Wood was soooo **** smooth it felt like glass, taped off, and ready for primer

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1084_zps0d9f13bc.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1084_zps0d9f13bc.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1085_zpsc5734306.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1085_zpsc5734306.jpg.html)

Laying down primer

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1086_zps45dac721.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1086_zps45dac721.jpg.html)

Taped off the car to primer the box

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1094_zpse23c58da.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1094_zpse23c58da.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1095_zps97735126.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1095_zps97735126.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1096_zps70148151.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1096_zps70148151.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
04-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Me inside the box gettin some primer laid down

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1099_zpsf79f1168.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1099_zpsf79f1168.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1101_zps044f6d80.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1101_zps044f6d80.jpg.html)

Top of the baffle primered

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1102_zpsba099e6d.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1102_zpsba099e6d.jpg.html)

Second coat of primer

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1105_zps42c6e6d5.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1105_zps42c6e6d5.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1107_zps8c8be95a.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1107_zps8c8be95a.jpg.html)

Finished off wetsanding the inside of the box with 400 and 600 grit, it was super smooth. Looking forward to paint(:

lowNlouddd
04-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Prepping the baskets with bulldog adhesion promoter, these were sanded with 400 grit

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1113_zps5c8e6c99.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1113_zps5c8e6c99.jpg.html)

Mixin up that purp

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1115_zps2a7bb4c6.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1115_zps2a7bb4c6.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1116_zpscbe487f2.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1116_zpscbe487f2.jpg.html)

Good friend of mine, Cj sprayed the baskets and box for me, he did an amazing job

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1117_zps37fa2ebc.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1117_zps37fa2ebc.jpg.html)

After the first coat

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1118_zpsa72588c1.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1118_zpsa72588c1.jpg.html)

Second coat

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1122_zps88d7a034.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1122_zps88d7a034.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1123_zpsb809d1ca.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1123_zpsb809d1ca.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1124_zpsaa36d4ae.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1124_zpsaa36d4ae.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
04-08-2014, 02:46 PM
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1127_zps43145faa.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1127_zps43145faa.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1128_zpsdd38d1d1.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1128_zpsdd38d1d1.jpg.html)

Base color done

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1129_zps59b6701e.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1129_zps59b6701e.jpg.html)

No clear

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1130_zps9bb5b0dc.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1130_zps9bb5b0dc.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1131_zps34109aa6.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1131_zps34109aa6.jpg.html)

No pics of the clear at the moment, 5/8 all thread in place

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1134_zpsb9ee1120.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1134_zpsb9ee1120.jpg.html)

Was such a pain in the *** to do this, should've done it before I started painting but didn't think about it

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1135_zpsc1f6924f.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1135_zpsc1f6924f.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
04-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Trim panels in, leveling and smoothing it all out so it looks to be one piece

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1136_zpsc2b4a5bb.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1136_zpsc2b4a5bb.jpg.html)

iPad dash and rear of the box getting prepped for purple

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1137_zpsc995dda1.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1137_zpsc995dda1.jpg.html)

Aluminum bars on the ampere amps, I painted the under sides of them do that if I ever sell them the top will still be factory, there will be white vinyl "ampere audio" stickers on these

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1139_zpscbfe8d1f.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1139_zpscbfe8d1f.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1141_zps8d818e75.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1141_zps8d818e75.jpg.html)

iPad dash

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1142_zps6fba851d.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1142_zps6fba851d.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1143_zps4075b98e.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1143_zps4075b98e.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1144_zpsd1df3ad4.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1144_zpsd1df3ad4.jpg.html)

Outside of the box is all glossy black

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1145_zps633d38d7.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1145_zps633d38d7.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
04-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Will post the rest when I get off work!:) enjoy

Popwarhomie
04-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Funny looking wall.

lowNlouddd
04-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Funny looking wall.

Lol plans changed. Can't change the title of the thread. Oh well

lowNlouddd
04-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Already startin to get glossy before clear even

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1147_zps54c3f791.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1147_zps54c3f791.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1148_zps3a233582.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1148_zps3a233582.jpg.html)

Front trim panels

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1149_zps7899ccbd.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1149_zps7899ccbd.jpg.html)

Cleared

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1150_zpsb5cf63ef.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1150_zpsb5cf63ef.jpg.html)

Weeeeet paint

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1152_zpse89463a2.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1152_zpse89463a2.jpg.html)

Like a mirror

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1153_zpsbe72dd94.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1153_zpsbe72dd94.jpg.html)

iPad dash finished

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/B3CB87C5-A415-40D9-9C8E-ABADB13C80E3_zpsnjtm2ezl.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/B3CB87C5-A415-40D9-9C8E-ABADB13C80E3_zpsnjtm2ezl.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/B619E5A1-8884-4994-87DD-C034E74424EE_zpshi09pq6t.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/B619E5A1-8884-4994-87DD-C034E74424EE_zpshi09pq6t.jpg.html)

Baskets done

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/3A44FAA7-C1FE-49A9-A3DE-77B01D79B606_zpsqodqwd0w.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/3A44FAA7-C1FE-49A9-A3DE-77B01D79B606_zpsqodqwd0w.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
04-08-2014, 07:36 PM
Box done

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/C2E58D17-EF77-46D8-88F7-2025BEF0737D_zps8uacglke.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/C2E58D17-EF77-46D8-88F7-2025BEF0737D_zps8uacglke.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/80DE70BF-9F8A-446B-8ACF-9C69790BA9B9_zpsxkurmu2y.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/80DE70BF-9F8A-446B-8ACF-9C69790BA9B9_zpsxkurmu2y.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/3E2196DD-1C5E-4BAF-BE30-7E2F4157389C_zpsfntewazf.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/3E2196DD-1C5E-4BAF-BE30-7E2F4157389C_zpsfntewazf.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/F93BB875-E929-427C-BEAF-956569BC5892_zpskfvkzzpk.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/F93BB875-E929-427C-BEAF-956569BC5892_zpskfvkzzpk.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/0D1BB95B-EF8B-4D3F-9B7F-1EB79112F59B_zpsbvlwwcqb.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/0D1BB95B-EF8B-4D3F-9B7F-1EB79112F59B_zpsbvlwwcqb.jpg.html)
Just need to build a rear trim beauty panel, for the back and the floor, along with my 3 ports and it will be done. The floor will be carpeted, and the rear beauty panel and port will be painted to match the box

Still need to build my amp rack, finish my doors, and build the subs, etc. So still some work to do but it's coming right along

mlstrass
04-09-2014, 03:25 AM
Looking good!!!

Glad you did all thread as that 7ply birch is very soft/flexible. Might want to add some 2x4 bracing on the outside if you have room.

Also you used literally 3x the screws you needed to use LOL Every 4-6" is all that is needed....

lowNlouddd
04-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Looking good!!!

Glad you did all thread as that 7ply birch is very soft/flexible. Might want to add some 2x4 bracing on the outside if you have room.

Also you used literally 3x the screws you needed to use LOL Every 4-6" is all that is needed....

I wanted to use some good ***** but couldn't find any, anywhere:( but I **** sure wasn't gonna use MDF.. Too much weight. I figured 3 5/8 all thread should be sufficient.

Any you think I should still do 2x4s on the sides even though it's double layered everywhere?

And I know I know, I've always been like that on any box over 2k. I know the glue is what holds it together but it make me feel better about it with more screws. Especially since I'm running 8k+rms

mlstrass
04-10-2014, 01:45 AM
If any of the panels have spans of 16" or longer with no bracing then yes I'd do 2x4's. Even doubled up the 7ply isn't that strong.

You must buy 10# buckets of screws lol

phemps
04-11-2014, 02:06 AM
Looking great dude. I'm really into the color choice!

lowNlouddd
04-11-2014, 11:56 AM
If any of the panels have spans of 16" or longer with no bracing then yes I'd do 2x4's. Even doubled up the 7ply isn't that strong.

You must buy 10# buckets of screws lol

Ahh, well thanks man I will definitely look into it.

And yes I always have plenty on hand lol

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Looking great dude. I'm really into the color choice!

Awesome man. I saw the purple my friend had and just knew that's what I wanted, the techflex and other things I have match it perfectly.

mlstrass
04-12-2014, 02:08 AM
Less posting and more working :naughty:

lowNlouddd
04-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Less posting and more working :naughty:

this weekend work will continue:fro:

lowNlouddd
05-22-2014, 05:51 AM
Mmmmmm.. Updates are a coming very soon.. Just need to upload em all I've got so much..

3800s are for sale I will be getting a crossfire 8k

cdc351jeferson
05-22-2014, 08:23 AM
Looks awesome. Youll be loud for sure. Buddy had same car with 2 lvl5 15's on a dc 7.5k. He hit a 156 with one bad sub (spider wasnt glued properly on one). Setup moved a ton of air.

lowNlouddd
05-28-2014, 03:52 AM
Looks awesome. Youll be loud for sure. Buddy had same car with 2 lvl5 15's on a dc 7.5k. He hit a 156 with one bad sub (spider wasnt glued properly on one). Setup moved a ton of air.

hell yeah man i got it playing 2 days ago and love it so far.

lowNlouddd
05-28-2014, 03:58 AM
Picked up a MaxxLink

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/9C70C5E2-EF83-46A7-90AA-ACF023DCA1AC_zpsndss0pm7.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/9C70C5E2-EF83-46A7-90AA-ACF023DCA1AC_zpsndss0pm7.jpg.html)

HO alt, DC XP 270 technically for an accord but i made it fit, next to what will be my girlfriends Custom SSA Xcon motored, Ti basket 12"

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/09232A4C-AF94-4DE0-8406-A49228EC09C4_zpsarnsl6yz.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/09232A4C-AF94-4DE0-8406-A49228EC09C4_zpsarnsl6yz.jpg.html)

doors slowly moving along, will be finished in a few days. car will be done and ready for a huge show in dallas this weekend, and because im tired of working on it so i need to finish before i get VERY unmotivated lol
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/F15A426A-071B-4F0A-B49E-81A55BC53A3A_zpsxvhryqr2.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/F15A426A-071B-4F0A-B49E-81A55BC53A3A_zpsxvhryqr2.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/1E75DFC2-75AF-4466-9140-2E4B12938CEC_zpsdeoyjblx.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/1E75DFC2-75AF-4466-9140-2E4B12938CEC_zpsdeoyjblx.jpg.html)

the start of the port, 31 hz
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/9E118B4E-1482-4F00-A62D-683C7CE4989A_zpsqpx5sjms.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/9E118B4E-1482-4F00-A62D-683C7CE4989A_zpsqpx5sjms.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/5FA89070-C540-47DB-AF08-BC2D2D8641B9_zpsxqqzossx.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/5FA89070-C540-47DB-AF08-BC2D2D8641B9_zpsxqqzossx.jpg.html)

mock up

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/6075740E-4611-4E09-9635-90B55D892757_zpsbmrhsgii.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/6075740E-4611-4E09-9635-90B55D892757_zpsbmrhsgii.jpg.html)

started to paint/wet sand and prep everything
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/6DB55016-9EE7-4702-B6B5-2ECFB4A7DCF1_zpszp63uvlo.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/6DB55016-9EE7-4702-B6B5-2ECFB4A7DCF1_zpszp63uvlo.jpg.html)

port test fitted, beauty trim panels all in as well, just need the small gaps filled with bondo, sanded and painted.
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/A7DBB097-64DA-4954-8F50-37CDEC564AF2_zpsomqvtwwb.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/A7DBB097-64DA-4954-8F50-37CDEC564AF2_zpsomqvtwwb.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
05-28-2014, 04:03 AM
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/753550F3-DCA8-48C0-B280-F2F909E253DA_zpsjnpovaoi.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/753550F3-DCA8-48C0-B280-F2F909E253DA_zpsjnpovaoi.jpg.html)

false floor :suave:

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/F08E6F2D-9FBD-4CC1-9F31-76A8ED1D1C06_zpsw5ccwf71.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/F08E6F2D-9FBD-4CC1-9F31-76A8ED1D1C06_zpsw5ccwf71.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/B84A869F-28A9-41CD-A063-AE937DAA384C_zpsxzieduto.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/B84A869F-28A9-41CD-A063-AE937DAA384C_zpsxzieduto.jpg.html)

almost perfect everywhere its a very snug fit
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/4FE304C5-7D56-48FF-9410-18B8BB53909E_zpswss0d04w.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/4FE304C5-7D56-48FF-9410-18B8BB53909E_zpswss0d04w.jpg.html)

building the subs
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/2B056126-EAEE-493C-86D0-7BFACC956516_zpsrxshnynt.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/2B056126-EAEE-493C-86D0-7BFACC956516_zpsrxshnynt.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/C3560DC0-C1B3-4FBF-B7D3-3C3458150AC4_zpsbtqdg63e.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/C3560DC0-C1B3-4FBF-B7D3-3C3458150AC4_zpsbtqdg63e.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
05-28-2014, 04:10 AM
my life saver on the alt install, might i add that it took about 50 man hours of mine to get it perfect.. had toTAKE THE FUVCKING MOTOR OFF THE MOUNTS JUST TO DROP THE ALT IN:pissed::pissed::pissed: it ******... buuuuut i charge at 14.3 and my voltage is on point so whatever, im over it and done with it, glad everythings working good so far without any hiccups:emb:

the comparsion, this alt is technically for an accord, only way i could shoehorn 270 charging amps of power down in this bi*ch
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/6458093F-E4F2-4588-BB35-12AC3C2D596C_zpskkpsnwku.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/6458093F-E4F2-4588-BB35-12AC3C2D596C_zpskkpsnwku.jpg.html)

putting purple techflex over the wire so its all clean and purdy
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/4AA4BE23-DF2F-484D-8791-F472069030E8_zpsvbifygnb.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/4AA4BE23-DF2F-484D-8791-F472069030E8_zpsvbifygnb.jpg.html)

this was day 2 when i finally got it down into where it needed to be to mount it, lol
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/45F0B521-4E56-4E68-81F2-CC0246BE8258_zps4tte7anc.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/45F0B521-4E56-4E68-81F2-CC0246BE8258_zps4tte7anc.jpg.html)

subsss:suave:
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/AB0E2D54-8E5A-45A4-80FD-0458C44F4774_zpsw010iplx.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/AB0E2D54-8E5A-45A4-80FD-0458C44F4774_zpsw010iplx.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
05-28-2014, 04:11 AM
next to a SA-12
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/A2C3884E-3751-475D-968A-FC7B74B4CF78_zps3nwg8ago.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/A2C3884E-3751-475D-968A-FC7B74B4CF78_zps3nwg8ago.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/24ECA052-DB4D-4C6D-9FCF-84B5C4381168_zps1gvk8utl.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/24ECA052-DB4D-4C6D-9FCF-84B5C4381168_zps1gvk8utl.jpg.html)

beginning of notching the frame to clear the pulley on the alt, spent about 4 hours doing this, carefully measuring so that i cut as little as possible considering the car is a unibody and i was cutting the only structural support the car really has lol
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/C60CDF37-C579-4525-9E3F-420B5A199CAD_zpskl5usjjz.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/C60CDF37-C579-4525-9E3F-420B5A199CAD_zpskl5usjjz.jpg.html)

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

it was 3 layers thick believe it of not
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/02040518-EA1A-47C3-B0BA-3DB364F6A716_zpsj3ms1nb8.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/02040518-EA1A-47C3-B0BA-3DB364F6A716_zpsj3ms1nb8.jpg.html)

notched
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/F21BE292-5011-4F0C-AFC9-7F734B4A4B45_zpsxdt052ri.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/F21BE292-5011-4F0C-AFC9-7F734B4A4B45_zpsxdt052ri.jpg.html)

more light
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/FD7D4797-EA45-416E-ACE6-156B89AAA6BE_zps0d5mbakh.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/FD7D4797-EA45-416E-ACE6-156B89AAA6BE_zps0d5mbakh.jpg.html)

chopped the alt bracket down so that the new alt would fit and tension properly
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DB32FC79-45B8-482A-A0C5-A2C198325F86_zpsdggputpi.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DB32FC79-45B8-482A-A0C5-A2C198325F86_zpsdggputpi.jpg.html)

had to destroy the thing dammn near

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/1767ECC0-F2D8-48EB-97A1-36AE6D867BFC_zps9syhlusi.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/1767ECC0-F2D8-48EB-97A1-36AE6D867BFC_zps9syhlusi.jpg.html)

more a$$:emb:

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/FE25127A-30D9-4D21-A3C5-84BE4A9D89BB_zpsoq4bsulr.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/FE25127A-30D9-4D21-A3C5-84BE4A9D89BB_zpsoq4bsulr.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
05-28-2014, 04:13 AM
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/EDEE600D-A787-4551-9647-B6911FA640EC_zpst8wxy40x.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/EDEE600D-A787-4551-9647-B6911FA640EC_zpst8wxy40x.jpg.html)

techflex, matches the paint perfectly
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/814791C0-1093-4FF7-B7D5-6CB832A6C34C_zps5my0dinl.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/814791C0-1093-4FF7-B7D5-6CB832A6C34C_zps5my0dinl.jpg.html)

all wired up
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/80AD7A21-85C0-45DC-B3C2-1EDC1E74D3B7_zps9iufzsf6.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/80AD7A21-85C0-45DC-B3C2-1EDC1E74D3B7_zps9iufzsf6.jpg.html)

grounds done,ive got like 5 under the hood lol
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/BFC9587D-7E97-4FE2-9CA4-C14D710491BD_zps96aom6xb.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/BFC9587D-7E97-4FE2-9CA4-C14D710491BD_zps96aom6xb.jpg.html)

alt in, 4/0 charging and ground ran to the front battery
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/1C100EBB-BEC4-47BD-8433-DAE858D651E9_zpsuadrks71.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/1C100EBB-BEC4-47BD-8433-DAE858D651E9_zpsuadrks71.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/22BB76A4-B4F1-4591-AF6D-70AFD057C7A9_zpsdlm9alcg.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/22BB76A4-B4F1-4591-AF6D-70AFD057C7A9_zpsdlm9alcg.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
05-28-2014, 04:16 AM
plexiglass drilled out
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/E697814B-E9E1-45CE-AD92-36DFD1A4D925_zpsjcpenhnu.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/E697814B-E9E1-45CE-AD92-36DFD1A4D925_zpsjcpenhnu.jpg.html)

DC Sign on the fuel pump plug, lag bolted, weather-stripped, and siliconed shut
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/B2F56369-872D-4951-A652-A067F17667B4_zpsxbo0a6cj.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/B2F56369-872D-4951-A652-A067F17667B4_zpsxbo0a6cj.jpg.html)

weatherstripping for the plexi
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/CA7001E0-88FF-4339-B92C-9E7BDF0BA817_zpspndjxr61.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/CA7001E0-88FF-4339-B92C-9E7BDF0BA817_zpspndjxr61.jpg.html)

going in

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/62DA7ABB-2482-4B6B-A12D-CECDF3C0711A_zpsxjdfiasl.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/62DA7ABB-2482-4B6B-A12D-CECDF3C0711A_zpsxjdfiasl.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/1101C9D6-79A9-4CAE-8283-603187D0230A_zpsqu7e5owu.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/1101C9D6-79A9-4CAE-8283-603187D0230A_zpsqu7e5owu.jpg.html)

first sub in
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/9510BA86-A4F5-43F7-865F-89CC8BEF10FD_zps0j8jdr1b.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/9510BA86-A4F5-43F7-865F-89CC8BEF10FD_zps0j8jdr1b.jpg.html)

second going in
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/4BCF0F03-76DC-4F3E-BAAA-3728D4B85AD4_zps65v87pmr.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/4BCF0F03-76DC-4F3E-BAAA-3728D4B85AD4_zps65v87pmr.jpg.html)

stupid glare but you get the point
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/6387C652-639B-4874-B900-E78A73E3DD77_zps6gkefb2s.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/6387C652-639B-4874-B900-E78A73E3DD77_zps6gkefb2s.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
05-28-2014, 04:59 AM
Better res pics

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1164_zps2faf29d8.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1164_zps2faf29d8.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1165_zps7935e0ad.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1165_zps7935e0ad.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1166_zps1f00896f.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1166_zps1f00896f.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1168_zpsb601e7b8.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1168_zpsb601e7b8.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1169_zps71d7c6d1.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1169_zps71d7c6d1.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1170_zps8cfc0918.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1170_zps8cfc0918.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1171_zpsb759edac.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1171_zpsb759edac.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/DSC_1172_zps74f0122a.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/DSC_1172_zps74f0122a.jpg.html)

phemps
05-28-2014, 05:34 AM
So rad. Videos! :eek:

lowNlouddd
05-28-2014, 06:24 AM
forgot to post these, big 7 under the hood lmao

well, got some more work done on the civic, these factory grounds were straight up ridiculous
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/38AFE5D7-78DC-4398-886C-E7986FC627DE_zpspx4zofoy.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/38AFE5D7-78DC-4398-886C-E7986FC627DE_zpspx4zofoy.jpg.html)

8 gauge wire all stripped back, yeah this **** had to go..
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/965997F6-3AF3-4289-9A56-FD40E0A9E0BD_zps10zixrw3.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/965997F6-3AF3-4289-9A56-FD40E0A9E0BD_zps10zixrw3.jpg.html)

Some OFC 1/0 I had laying around, wrapped it in black electrical tape so it matched my 4/0
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/FF7445F2-EA8A-415C-A92B-491FB133CB81_zpsuqthjl8n.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/FF7445F2-EA8A-415C-A92B-491FB133CB81_zpsuqthjl8n.jpg.html)

Techflex and heatshrink, the proper way
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/3290C5ED-7297-4115-BEB7-DB7EBDC76F03_zpsotce2yvs.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/3290C5ED-7297-4115-BEB7-DB7EBDC76F03_zpsotce2yvs.jpg.html)

Sanded, and installed, valve cover will be painted purple soon as well..
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/CC2D5A9A-8E5C-46A2-AE71-531B26F2963D_zpsto1v90r6.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/CC2D5A9A-8E5C-46A2-AE71-531B26F2963D_zpsto1v90r6.jpg.html)

Transmission ground
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/1D3A0157-C8CC-4902-A818-BDF342E9E989_zpsbsc40fwg.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/1D3A0157-C8CC-4902-A818-BDF342E9E989_zpsbsc40fwg.jpg.html)

Honda.. smh didnt even sand it from the factory?! Come on
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/A76A8B31-C4B9-432D-BF8A-FBA117C2CCBB_zpsousr5pwz.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/A76A8B31-C4B9-432D-BF8A-FBA117C2CCBB_zpsousr5pwz.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
05-28-2014, 06:32 AM
Took care of that
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/D19F4C05-BD25-4346-9252-6D2E99368B9B_zps0qr4jnug.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/D19F4C05-BD25-4346-9252-6D2E99368B9B_zps0qr4jnug.jpg.html)

Again techflexed and heatshrunk
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/BB088181-C4B8-4928-8FA3-D35B33F90D93_zpsbademhou.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/BB088181-C4B8-4928-8FA3-D35B33F90D93_zpsbademhou.jpg.html)

The difference, lmao
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/479A6C25-18AB-428B-A856-DA977D152FC8_zpslpdpwqnk.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/479A6C25-18AB-428B-A856-DA977D152FC8_zpslpdpwqnk.jpg.html)

Installed and plasti dipped to resist corrosion
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/EDE1CECF-3227-40C4-8458-A04C4099A77A_zpsantcau2n.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/EDE1CECF-3227-40C4-8458-A04C4099A77A_zpsantcau2n.jpg.html)

Factory ground changed out to 1/0 as well
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/779A241A-4C9E-4DD1-BA22-D8D0E1E21044_zpsc4mwpbxl.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/779A241A-4C9E-4DD1-BA22-D8D0E1E21044_zpsc4mwpbxl.jpg.html)

So as far as my BIG 3 is concerned, ive got
2/0 + alt to batt
2/0 - alt to batt
1/0 - batt to body
1/0 - batt to engine block
2 x 1/0 - body to engine block(one from transmission and other from the valve cover)
Soooo I think I should be good baahahaha

I got grounds on grounds on grounds
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/1F5858A7-4F91-4ACA-B6BF-777A99A00769_zpsmmruumh8.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/1F5858A7-4F91-4ACA-B6BF-777A99A00769_zpsmmruumh8.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/1A5D02BD-83D7-47A5-A90D-9A75BB5F8279_zpsyp46dvgx.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/1A5D02BD-83D7-47A5-A90D-9A75BB5F8279_zpsyp46dvgx.jpg.html)

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/A98B4E2B-15B0-4E63-99E2-BEFBB0FE3E53_zpsyt56ywtl.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/A98B4E2B-15B0-4E63-99E2-BEFBB0FE3E53_zpsyt56ywtl.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
05-28-2014, 06:32 AM
Amps turned out seeeeeeeeeeeeexy
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/7ED57538-79E9-419C-953D-0DD9AD954676_zpsbojl2bxv.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/7ED57538-79E9-419C-953D-0DD9AD954676_zpsbojl2bxv.jpg.html)

Started on a work bench thats gonna wrap around the garage
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/62519C24-CB3B-40FC-8C2B-A96BD2339FFB_zpsytvbpzzu.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/62519C24-CB3B-40FC-8C2B-A96BD2339FFB_zpsytvbpzzu.jpg.html)

Good start
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/4C3145C5-0544-477D-AE70-7351F3AF9384_zpswmnoa1vl.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/4C3145C5-0544-477D-AE70-7351F3AF9384_zpswmnoa1vl.jpg.html)

Drill press so I can start manufacturing bussbars
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/2BC585D1-AE7C-4774-90E4-DC9C65C973A5_zpsaoe9y17q.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/2BC585D1-AE7C-4774-90E4-DC9C65C973A5_zpsaoe9y17q.jpg.html)
6" bench grinder
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/63BEDC31-1530-46C6-B2C2-E1298B6E426C_zpskzfsgmx7.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/63BEDC31-1530-46C6-B2C2-E1298B6E426C_zpskzfsgmx7.jpg.html)
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/35D02626-99A9-44AF-893F-A9438C4E06E4_zpscoma5atj.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/35D02626-99A9-44AF-893F-A9438C4E06E4_zpscoma5atj.jpg.html)

Starting to look nice(:
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/42F3D56C-9A2B-4806-891C-1DDB609BEB71_zpso9p70d1s.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/42F3D56C-9A2B-4806-891C-1DDB609BEB71_zpso9p70d1s.jpg.html)

Got a 4.5" vice as well to hold lugs when I solder them

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/6D343BAF-8531-41BB-9373-CF851398CB20_zpsbnom8lgj.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/6D343BAF-8531-41BB-9373-CF851398CB20_zpsbnom8lgj.jpg.html)

Dem amps doeee
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/lownlouddd/10264848_661642323871067_4831233502097047688_n_zps 86a2f7d3.jpg (http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/lownlouddd/media/10264848_661642323871067_4831233502097047688_n_zps 86a2f7d3.jpg.html)

lowNlouddd
05-28-2014, 02:10 PM
Updates coming today(: