PDA

View Full Version : pioneer 80-prs or double din?

Polski13
11-28-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm looking for a new headunit and I'd like to buy a double din. If I don't get a double din then im thinking about the 80-prs because I heard it's a very nice deck. What are your inputs, double din or 80-prs? And what double dins are good? I'm probably planning on a $250 limit.

Xrojas13
11-28-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm faced with same delima but but depend mosty If u actually gonna watch movies on the double din. I'm think of running the 80prs because the fact that I got to cutout my dash to make it fit in the slot

Polski13
11-29-2013, 12:21 AM
I'm faced with same delima but but depend mosty If u actually gonna watch movies on the double din. I'm think of running the 80prs because the fact that I got to cutout my dash to make it fit in the slot
Yeah i shouldnt have to cut anything but itwould be sweet to watch dvds and stuff but its not that big of a deal. Do you know wat double dins are good?

Xrojas13
11-29-2013, 01:47 AM
My poineer avh4500bt hasn't given me any problems except it isn't really compatible with android but bluetooth works. Think the newer models are.

Silverado SS
11-29-2013, 02:59 AM
SQ vs looks its that simple

thatguy12
11-29-2013, 03:05 AM
SQ vs looks its that simple

exactly silveradoss, was in this situation last year. original poster, what do you want? double dins look cool, can watch movies and music videos. but your more likely to get your stuff stolen with a double din. the pioneer prs is an awesome sounding deck with a lot of things you can tweak. but it can be confusing and takes forver to get the exact sound you want. i ended up buying the pioneer 80 prs because it came down to the sound and the features. for what you pay it is a awesome deck. ive had mine a year without a single problem besides having to tweak with the settings so much. i still change things often and i've had it for a while.

momofx
11-29-2013, 03:18 AM
It all depends what you are trying to do with the head unit and your personal taste man. As much as I would love to have a high end SQ single din, I went with a double din because, 1) I needed built in navi cos I hate having Tom Tom's, Nuvi's, Novi's, etc. with wires hanging all over the place and 2) If you have a wide variety of music you listen to, the touch screen is hella useful when trying to find playlists, song names, artists, etc. on an iPod.

In one statement, the ease of use is what wins me with a double din. The Pioneer's are not bad at all just make sure you go with a 4V pre out unit for a stronger signal. Some of the newer models come with an 8 band EQ as well which is not too bad at all.

Polski13
11-29-2013, 03:39 PM
exactly silveradoss, was in this situation last year. original poster, what do you want? double dins look cool, can watch movies and music videos. but your more likely to get your stuff stolen with a double din. the pioneer prs is an awesome sounding deck with a lot of things you can tweak. but it can be confusing and takes forver to get the exact sound you want. i ended up buying the pioneer 80 prs because it came down to the sound and the features. for what you pay it is a awesome deck. ive had mine a year without a single problem besides having to tweak with the settings so much. i still change things often and i've had it for a while.
Ok. Yeah i want something thats better or can has similar features as my alpine cda 7998. Id like to watch movies but i need need the quality of sound

Polski13
11-29-2013, 03:43 PM
It all depends what you are trying to do with the head unit and your personal taste man. As much as I would love to have a iihigh end SQ single din, I went with a double din because, 1) I needed built in navi cos I hate having Tom Tom's, Nuvi's, Novi's, etc. with wires hanging all over the place and 2) If you have a wide variety of music you listen to, the touch screen is hella useful when trying to find playlists, song names, artists, etc. on an iPod.

In one statement, the ease of use is what wins me with a double din. The Pioneer's are not bad at all just make sure you go with a 4V pre out unit for a stronger signal. Some of the newer models come with an 8 band EQ as well which is not too bad at all.

I know what you mean. I dont like all those wires either but it doesnt bug me a whole lot. Ive always used single din and my decks always have 4v pre-outs. If they dont i also have a line driver

Popwarhomie
11-29-2013, 09:39 PM
I went from a double din to the 80prs and dont miss the DD at all. The big screen was nice and I thought I would love watching music videos and dvds but I hardly ever did.

Like already said. If you want sound quality go with the 80prs. If not do the DD.

Polski13
11-29-2013, 09:44 PM
I went from a double din to the 80prs and dont miss the DD at all. The big screen was nice and I thought I would love watching music videos and dvds but I hardly ever did.

Like already said. If you want sound quality go with the 80prs. If not do the DD.

Alright i think ill go with the 80prs