PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 speaker

irocwagon
11-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Vehicle is a party bus..looking for speaker recommendations. It currently has 8 ppi Sedona series,4 are blown or just tweets play...they're running off hifonics Zeus ,I think 100x4. Need to replace them..around $60.00 a set..subs used are 2 JL 12w1s on ppi600...also head unit is located in rear with passengers,so it's getting turned all the way up,so need something with stamina.

jeffdachef
11-25-2013, 06:16 PM
thats gonna be hard with the abuse it gets... Do you want it just loud? you can go for pro audio speakers, it can go very loud to ear bleeding volume levels with ease, it will be to the point where people wont even want to turn it up any louder. With the head unit at a lower level this will keep the signal clean and unclipped which means your less likely going to burn another set of speakers. These PA speakers can handle a lot of power also. See crescendo PWX or soundqubed Pro audio or sundown Neos or seleniums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSD_osM_E1w this is how loud and clean it sounds on very little power around 12 rms per speaker, but it can handle up to 150 rms easily. I dont think any of your party customers can handle fully powered PA speakers.

irocwagon
11-25-2013, 08:17 PM
The problem is alcohol ..it's a party bus so sometimes there drunk,so the volume is turned all the way up...

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Checking into pa speakers now..

Yep ear bleeding and loud should work

Side Show
11-25-2013, 08:21 PM
tune and setup amps accordingly once you have the new gear installed, you can set it up so that no matter how drunk they are they shouldn't be able to damage your system.

seems like they try to crank the bass and kill the speakers, is that right?

irocwagon
11-25-2013, 09:36 PM
They crank it all...radio has the eq button so you know what that means...no matter what it's getting turned all the way up...I don't like the idea of the radio all the way up and amps all the way down but see no other way...then there's aux so we get all the distorted music as well

Side Show
11-25-2013, 09:40 PM
just protect your gear, if they wanna crank **** up so it sounds crap and distorted they can go for it lol..... might be worth doing a little upgrade tho. we have done a few party buses and they are a real pain.

irocwagon
11-26-2013, 06:43 AM
I have another to do from scratch,different budget,gonna be loud speakers/pa and bullet tweets,first build wasn't mines,just fixing problems,but need a fix for the first..do you think it'll still clip with volume all the way up and amps down low,not the cleanest highs amp

irocwagon
11-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Ok thanks for the help