PDA

View Full Version : Factory Crossover? Wiring aftermarket speakers to Altima Dash Tweeters/Doors spots

tjman84
11-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Hello,

I recently upgraded to an 80prs, love it...Got infinity Kappas for the fronts this week. I popped off the door panel to my 2008 coupe only to find I needed brackets to fit that OEM spot. Those arrive tomorrow. My main issue is that in doing so I disconnected that door speaker and the tweeter on that side still works. This means there is some kind of factory crossover splitting that signal!

I'm not sure what to do other than Having to run fresh wire to the doors then back out to the tweeters whether I put them in the factory spot or mount them somewhere. I found the Service Manual and there are no actual diagrams of the wiring in the car, just some bullshit topographical explanation of the signal path (just a flow chart showing that the antennas and cd player connects to the audio unit...duh)

Am I crazy? I've seen other posts in various forums for this model car and people said the aftermarkets worked fine but I can't find anything with install details so far that touch on this issue.

Any Help Much Appreciated!

mlstrass
11-23-2013, 04:04 AM
Awesome HU, ****** speakers....

RoYALbLUE08
11-23-2013, 05:45 AM
Hello,

I recently upgraded to an 80prs, love it...Got infinity Kappas for the fronts this week. I popped off the door panel to my 2008 coupe only to find I needed brackets to fit that OEM spot. Those arrive tomorrow. My main issue is that in doing so I disconnected that door speaker and the tweeter on that side still works. This means there is some kind of factory crossover splitting that signal!

I'm not sure what to do other than Having to run fresh wire to the doors then back out to the tweeters whether I put them in the factory spot or mount them somewhere. I found the Service Manual and there are no actual diagrams of the wiring in the car, just some bullshit topographical explanation of the signal path (just a flow chart showing that the antennas and cd player connects to the audio unit...duh)

Am I crazy? I've seen other posts in various forums for this model car and people said the aftermarkets worked fine but I can't find anything with install details so far that touch on this issue.

Any Help Much Appreciated!

what kinda car you got