PDA

View Full Version : Will someone give me dimensions or build me a box?

Jake212197
11-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Hey guys im finally sure on what im getting for an upgrade to my mtx terminators.. 1 alpine type s 15 with an alpine mrv-m500 i want a ported box and i cant find a cheap prefab so mine as well do it right will someone give me the dimensions for the perfect bass? I only listen to rap and dubstep so i like long drawn out (loud) bass thats why i want a 15 but i also want it to punch when it needs to.. what is the perfect "tuning" for this i hear anywhere from 29-35hz is good but i have no clue what tuning a box even means i know alot about audio so it wont confuse me if you explain it!

basswiigee
11-20-2013, 11:54 PM
I like 33hz... thats what i'm tuned too.... I listen to decaf (bass enhanced rap)

cfox10
11-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Hey guys im finally sure on what im getting for an upgrade to my mtx terminators.. 1 alpine type s 15 with an alpine mrv-m500 i want a ported box and i cant find a cheap prefab so mine as well do it right will someone give me the dimensions for the perfect bass? I only listen to rap and dubstep so i like long drawn out (loud) bass thats why i want a 15 but i also want it to punch when it needs to.. what is the perfect "tuning" for this i hear anywhere from 29-35hz is good but i have no clue what tuning a box even means i know alot about audio so it wont confuse me if you explain it!

Did you already buy the sub/amp?

Jake212197
11-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Have the amp subwoofer is shipped

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Hes bad *** finally someone else knows about him!!!!!!!!!! White clouds pounds my head in his cover are awesome

moneypit
11-21-2013, 10:53 PM
Go by the makers specs and use Torres or RE calculator. Its not that hard and u get some satisfaction of doing it yourself. 12"x12"x12" = one cubic foot (1728) mesure your trunk or cab and go from there