silenced_recon
11-18-2013, 01:14 AM
So far this is what I have...

Pioneer AVH-X4500BT H/U
JL VR525-CSi components in the front
JL 10W0v3-4
Kenwood x500-1
RAAMmat BXT II bulk pack

THinking about trading the x500-1 and getting the kenwood xr900-5.

I am putting all of this in a '06 CTS and I want to utilize the factory speaker locations and the sub location to minimize the space I take up in the trunk. The reason I'm choosing the XR900-5 is the small footprint, has the right amount of power output for the sub and lets me have the possibility of running active of the fronts (if i am not mistaken).

Keeping the amount of space used to a minimum and not overspending are my main priorities here.

Any input or suggestions are always a plus.

mylows10
11-18-2013, 01:37 AM
Nice deck. The components. Ehhh ok. The sub and amp selection. Not so good. What's your goals and budget here so we can recommend an amp and sub and maybe better speakers to

silenced_recon
11-18-2013, 01:50 AM
Nice deck. The components. Ehhh ok. The sub and amp selection. Not so good. What's your goals and budget here so we can recommend an amp and sub and maybe better speakers to The components I got pretty cheap. I probably plan on upgrading the IDCTX-6.5cs at some point, but the JLs are what I have for now.
Whats wrong with the XR900-5?

I'm looking to stay within $500 for the two. I know that doesnt leave much room, but it is what it is.

mylows10
11-18-2013, 09:44 AM
The kenwood amps are very good quality. They haven't been for quite sometime look at elemental designs they have a nice 5 channel. Also Memphis makes a nice one might find one used to fit your price if you want new. The American bass or soundstream might fit the bill