PDA

View Full Version : CDE-HD149BT, where to buy

fb111a1
11-11-2013, 03:57 PM
I've decided I want this headunit. I normally order from Crutchfield and I can usually find a coupon code to bring the cost down a bit to be more competitive with other vendors, but there's none to be had at the moment. It's $299 at Crutchfield right now but I can get it from Newegg for $236 (Caraudio Closeouts). Do I just bite the bullet and go with Crutchfield or take a chance with Newegg?

Jeffdachef
11-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Amazon.com: Alpine CDE-HD149BT CD Receiver with Bluetooth and HD Radio Built-in: Car Electronics (http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-CDE-HD149BT-Receiver-Bluetooth-Built/dp/B00CKYH9Q2)

Jeffdachef
11-11-2013, 04:03 PM
crutchfield is one of the biggest online car audio ripoffs there is its basically the price local audio shops try to scr3w you over with but its online... Even sonic electronix is better then them when it comes to pricing. IF you want to save more, wait till black friday to order plenty of deals that day.

fb111a1
11-12-2013, 06:11 PM
You are right about the pricing. I called a couple of local shops and they were the same price. Although I wonder if they would take the unit back after 60 days if I didn't like it?
Where do "unauthorized vendors" get their Alpine head units from? If it craps out are you sh#t out of luck?

Alrojoca
12-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Some Black Market vendors offer their own warranty. Regarding Crutchfield, you may pay a bit more but you get, dash kit, antenna kit, your car harness kit, your car speaker connector adapter if you keep the car's wiring, instructions on dash removal and a 1 year warranty all for the price you pay, if you do the math for many that is the way to go, best warranty and authorized. Best buy will do a price match if you walk in one of theirs stores too their policies have changed and they also have great rock bottom deals each day for some items. For a while they had the polks DX 6.5 coax for $30.00 free shipping, until they ran out.