PDA

View Full Version : Help on choosing the right equipment! Front 6.5 components and????

derrickd
11-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Let me just start off by saying what i have and and what its in. 2012 VW Jetta - head unit - Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS - Fronts - Infinity 6030cs - Rear - Polk Audio DXI651 - Subwoofer -1x Infinity Kappa 120.9w - Amplifier - Rockford Fosgate R600X5.

What i am trying to do is relocate the infinity 6030cs to the rear passenger doors and buy new 6.5 components up front. I just bought Infinity Kappa 60.9cs components for the front but when i recieved them i noticed the tweeters are extremely big and i am returning them. ( i cut out holes for the component tweeters up front ( for the Infinity 6030cs tweets)on the door panels just in front of where the door handles/arm rest end, so the tweeters are pretty high up and the hole isnt that big! fyi). What i am looking for is a laid back/neutral sound ( i do not like the harsh tweeters like the infinity or metal tweeter sound) . My budget for the components is 250.00 and the components i have in mind are RE XXX6.5c , Hertz DSK 165 or 165.3, Focal 165A1SG, Morel Maximo 6, Infinity Kappa 60.11cs or Infinity Perfect61. I am looking for decent mid bass for when my girl or mom is in the car i can turn it up a little louder and cut off the sub( So i dont get yelled at! LOL) Also i like laid back or neutral sound and the thought of running the infinity 6030cs in the rear doors off the head unit power and maybe bridging the 4 channels on my amp to 2 to power the front speakers would also sound nice! Any thoughts??

derrickd
11-12-2013, 08:53 PM
IS anybody there???

Side Show
11-12-2013, 09:00 PM
so what are you asking? you want us to tell you what splits to buy? go have a listen and buy the ones you like the sound of the best, also the install of the splits makes a huge difference to the sound

keep_hope_alive
11-13-2013, 11:36 PM
yep, our opinion on the speakers means little.

midbass is determined by install, not as much speaker choice. a lot of effort goes into a speaker install. the build logs linked in my sig show what I do to speakers.

you should audition the speakers you are considering buying. and buy local if you can. that is where you get support and build relationships.