PDA

View Full Version : Please help me pick speakers!

Ymer
11-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Hey there,

I'm in the market for a new setup for my car.

It has 4 6" spaces.

I'm thinking of just doing HU + 4 coax.

What would I need to get to get such a setup to sound good?

I'm all for a neutral sound so I can play anything.

I don't want to break the bank, I'd like to find the sweet spot... the least costy speakers that will give me DECENT, "full range" sound.

Thanks in advance! :)

blobb454
11-08-2013, 08:42 PM
I would actually agree with coaxial set up here. I'm usually one for separates and such in this Scenario but I'm assuming the 6" spots are round? Probably not enough space for separates. I would recommend getting the coaxial's with passive crossovers if possible for budget. May not. Most coaxial's are wired together. Amp quality is pretty key here IMHO for these speakers. Clarity is going to be your success. Brand wise, I'd search my butt off, as I actually am now and see what people are having luck with. It's been a while for me and mids/high components....

black05alti
11-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Hey there,

I'm in the market for a new setup for my car.

It has 4 6" spaces.

I'm thinking of just doing HU + 4 coax.

What would I need to get to get such a setup to sound good?

I'm all for a neutral sound so I can play anything.

I don't want to break the bank, I'd like to find the sweet spot... the least costy speakers that will give me DECENT, "full range" sound.

Thanks in advance! :)

So you're not planning on running them off an amp?

winkychevelle
11-08-2013, 09:24 PM
What car you prolly can fit 6.5s in there considering most 6.5s mount in a 5 3/4 hole

Why So Cereal?
11-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Image Dynamics CTX-6 (CTX 6) 6" 2-Way CTX Coaxial Car Speakers (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7916_Image-Dynamics-CTX-6.html)

Ymer
11-09-2013, 07:58 AM
What car you prolly can fit 6.5s in there considering most 6.5s mount in a 5 3/4 hole

It's a 2013 Fiat Palio. It's a small hatchback. It has 4 6" openings in the doors plus it has openings for tweeters on the panel columns, but I don't know if they'd fit any of these bigger tweeters.

Ymer
11-09-2013, 07:59 AM
So you're not planning on running them off an amp?

I'd rather keep it simple, if possible. But I definitely want decent. As I said, it doesn't have to be anything much. Just plenty neutral so I can play any genre without any obvious problems. :)

jeffdachef
11-09-2013, 08:48 AM
It's a 2013 Fiat Palio. It's a small hatchback. It has 4 6" openings in the doors plus it has openings for tweeters on the panel columns, but I don't know if they'd fit any of these bigger tweeters.

Can you let us know your budget? it would help a bit more on what to recommend.

Right now the best choice would be the 6" coaxial image dynamics speakers that Why So Cereal? recommended. get four of those and for the front ones, you can take remove the coaxial tweeter and mount it in the tweeter position of your car.

That should give you decent upper midrange and highs. However if you want good lower midrange and midbass, your going to have to do some sound deadening and treatment of your doors. <== This goes for any aftermarket speakers.

Ymer
11-09-2013, 12:15 PM
I'd say $300 for the speakers, if less, better. Would it sound better if the back speakers were midbasses instead? Or won't those tweeters get in the way?