PDA

View Full Version : Torres box design question

Boomstang99
11-08-2013, 01:37 PM
I've been playing around and trying to figure out how to get my box exactly right the first time and every site i try i get different answers for the port length and tuning... but i'm aiming for 2cuft after port and sub subtracted from it tuned around 32hz. Also i plan on running a sundown sa 12 eventually in it.

Everything is exactly the same except when i put number of common port walls at 3 which should be for a L shaped port the tuning goes from 32 to 35, and the net volume drops from 2.17cuft to 1.82cuft. as well as the port volume goes up? but the physical port length stays the same why is that and which one should i go buy? i added the imagines hopefully they show up

moneypit
11-09-2013, 12:14 AM
I just went threw the same thing. Apps and online downloads where all different. But torres seems the best. Use re audio to get a 3d look at it and everything but port length was right on that compaired to torres. I believe what you are seeing is the volume the port is takeing up which changes everything else. Just keep messing with your size of the box till you get it and go by that. Otherwise you'll just chase your tail. Hopefully someone else will chim in for ya. Good luck. Its fun but i dont remember it being this technical 15 years ago.