PDA

View Full Version : What do i do ?!?!

Jake212197
11-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Hey guys so this is what i have Mtx Terminator Sealed Enclosure RMS=400 running with alpine mrv-m500 but its not enough i need more bass.. but money is an issue im 16 and my last paycheck was 90 dollars its hard when you have school and work is 40 min from where you live.. ANYWAY im stuck on what to purchase i am a diehard MTX supporter just am i like to be different i dont want to be seen as the kid with the walmart kickers so im stuck on my next purchase i want louder so do i go ported ? do i buy this? already wired to 2 ohm and matches amp perfect! MTX Mobile MTX Audio RoadThunder Dual 12" Vented Enclosure

but i have never heard a ported box and i dont want it to be sloppy i like tight bass but yet drawn out all i listen to is rap and dubstep..

But this brings me to my next questions can i just rip out the old subs off my terminator box and put these in.? Car Audio Sound | Subwoofer (Subs), Amplifier (Amps), Speaker, Enclosure | by MTX Audio (http://www.mtx.com/_mtx+mobile+12+si...-3512+02_702/b) they match rms perfect and has a little bit bigger magnet so they would be louder will they sound good if i throw them in the box i already have ? like is this space or displacement in my box going to sound good with those subs?? SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

Here is the box i own now Car Audio Sound | Subwoofer (Subs), Amplifier (Amps), Speaker, Enclosure | by MTX Audio (http://www.mtx.com/_mtx+mobile+dual+...o-tne212d_31/b)

T3mpest
11-08-2013, 11:50 AM
If you want to be louder for cheap you NEED to build a ported box. As long as you don't tune it high like most of the cheap prefab boxes you see and are probably used to hearing, your sub will still sound good, especially for the type of music you listen to. If it's all dubstep and rap, 32-35hz would be appropriate tuning and should be simple enough to build, there are even free box plans on this site. Find one that you can fit in your trunk, most lumber yards can cut the wood for you. From there you need some screws, screw gun, wood glue and a jigsaw or router. If you have those tools you can build a box. If you decide you like it, go ahead and spend some money on carpet and you'll be good to go. ( you wont' want to paint your first box, they tend to be on the ugly side, and paint wont' cover that)

The first time you build a box always take a bit, set aside a weekend for it if you want to do a good job. If not, 15-30 minutes a day can take you a long way if your not in a hurry.

Jeffdachef
11-08-2013, 12:08 PM
listen to the guy ^ its the not subs that get you loud, its the box that gets you bumping. You never want to buy boxes premade they are almost always garbage. Building a box might not be that hard, get a design and have a cut sheet ready, go to home depot buy a sheet of 3/4 MDF and have them cut it out for you. The only thing left would be to glue and nail it all together then cut the circular hole.