PDA

View Full Version : Digital design w 6.5 question

djulz93
10-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Hey guys,
It's been awhile since I've been on here and I'm looking to upgrade my door speakers/rear speakers. I've been thinking about replacing my rear 6x9's with a decent 6.5 so I can achieve good midbass (sub is a X-12 @ 29hz). I've been looking at the digital design w 6.5, but I don't know anyone with 1st hand experience on them. So if anyone has any input it would be great. I am also going to try and run a semi-active front stage.
Thanks

djulz93
10-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Anybody? I wanna seal off my rear deck from my trunk and run them off a 2 channel.. Just want some input on this application.

Chriszle
10-25-2013, 11:31 AM
You won't achieve good midbass from the rear deck of your vehicle, if you already have a sub in the back.

UsAmpsFreak
10-25-2013, 11:33 AM
You won't achieve good midbass from the rear deck of your vehicle, if you already have a sub in the back.

Yep, best place for them is the front doors if you're wanting midbass.

djulz93
10-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Alright thanks. I was planning on getting a decent component set for my front doors. Probably crescendo or phd's. What if I sealed the rear deck from the trunk though?

jeffdachef
10-25-2013, 04:37 PM
still going to be hard since theres strong subsonic frequencies coming from there it'll cancel out of alot of the midbass. Have it in front where you can feel it would be more fun, if you can have it in the kick panel and have a 3 way active setup, thats what i found to have the best midbass response.

djulz93
10-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks a lot. Ill probably end up putting them in the doors haha. But let's just say that if it was perfect world and I could seal it properly from the trunk, how good are the w 6.5's (that was the main purpose of this thread, because I couldn't find any reviews on them)