PDA

View Full Version : Polyfil benefit with FI SSD high QTS option ???

memphis_vette
10-23-2013, 02:48 AM
I have 2 FI SSD 10's that are down firing in a box under the rear seat of my truck. The box is approx .48 per woofer after displacement. The subs are fully loaded with the sealed high QTS option.

FI states these subs work in a .2-.4 cube box with the high QTS option.

My question is will I see any benefit to adding polyfil to my box?

Thank you for your time

Side Show
10-23-2013, 03:03 AM
I doubt you'll hear any difference...... what are you trying to achive? might be worth your while looking into ported boxes

memphis_vette
10-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Can I run the subs in a ported box although they have the high QTS sealed option? Would they sound ok or hurt anything?

The subs currently hit the lows just fine but it's the upper end that is pretty weak. I listen to a lot of rock and that strong punch isn't really there. I figured the polyfil would make them more responsive or punchy?

bbeljefe
10-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Polyfil could help slow some back waves and improve your upper sub bass response. You could also add some mass in the box to bring the volume down to ~.2 cubes per sub and see if that helps.

memphis_vette
10-23-2013, 08:03 PM
Polyfil could help slow some back waves and improve your upper sub bass response. You could also add some mass in the box to bring the volume down to ~.2 cubes per sub and see if that helps.

I'll give the polyfil a try, if not I'm only throwing away a few dollars.

Renzone3
10-23-2013, 08:10 PM
It would help a lot with low end extension so it doesn't hurt to do so.Just be sure you don't go overkill with the poly fill.

Side Show
10-23-2013, 08:50 PM
let us no how it goes, polyfils worth a shot

memphis_vette
10-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Will do, I'll get some on Friday and install it

Side Show
10-24-2013, 12:49 AM
awesome, i'd say you would prob get more out of the subs if they were facing forwards instead of downwards, but you prob have limitations stopping you from doing that.

memphis_vette
10-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Yea I'm thinking it will do the trick for me. Subs are to large to forward fire and all the **** in my truck would damage them.

Jroo
10-28-2013, 11:38 AM
It has benefit espeically on sealed boxes. Just look online and find a calculator for how much to add. There is a ratio that you use. It will help you pick up some low end and it works on boxes that were made smaller than spec. It makes a sub in a smaller box think the box is a bit larger.

bubbagumper6
10-28-2013, 11:44 AM
It has benefit espeically on sealed boxes. Just look online and find a calculator for how much to add. There is a ratio that you use. It will help you pick up some low end and it works on boxes that were made smaller than spec. It makes a sub in a smaller box think the box is a bit larger.

...your subs are self aware?!