PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard of this happening before?

stay_high
10-17-2013, 10:37 PM
I have a clarion cz702 that i bought brand new. I have been using my ipod nano with (4th gen i think?) for the past few days. All was working good until i was playing it and the music cut out and made a high pitched whining noise until i turned the volume down. I changed the source to the radio right away and it worked fine on the radio. Well now whenever i try to plug my ipod into the HU via usb it wont play. It will connect to it and all like i can skip tracks, browse thru playlists and everything, but when i choose a song theres no volume. The HU works fine with the few songs i have on my USB flash drive but i can no longer get it to work with my ipod after that incident. I have tried resetting the HU and resetting the ipod and it didnt work. the ipod itself works fine and can play music. Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Side Show
10-17-2013, 10:41 PM
reset/reboot the ipod and headunit.........also does the ipod have any output through the bottom plug? or only the aux? i'd say it's an ipod issue, try another ipod

jrdnhsnbrg
10-17-2013, 10:53 PM
reset/reboot the ipod and headunit.........also does the ipod have any output through the bottom plug? or only the aux? i'd say it's an ipod issue, try another ipod

That's what I'm thinking. OP try the head unit with a different iPod.

stay_high
10-17-2013, 11:35 PM

I was using it with the bottom usb thing not the aux. It plugs in and charges on my computer fine.

Side Show
10-18-2013, 02:31 AM
I mean plug it into a dock or something that uses that plug for output.... do you understand?

jrdnhsnbrg
10-18-2013, 02:32 AM
Or try plugging a different ipod into the head unit...

Side Show
10-18-2013, 02:35 AM
i'd say the ipod needs an update or reboot, specially if the usb works

jrdnhsnbrg
10-18-2013, 02:37 AM
i'd say the ipod needs an update or reboot, specially if the usb works

He hasn't tried using another ipod with the HU, though. Could be something happened in the iPod cord, too

Side Show
10-18-2013, 02:39 AM
very true, could have a dicky plug

jrdnhsnbrg
10-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Wouldn't be the first time an Apple product was junk ;)

Side Show
10-18-2013, 03:13 AM
and then......?

2Dcore
10-18-2013, 07:58 AM
I was going to say may be cord because mine gives me such a hard time.

basswiigee
10-18-2013, 08:46 PM
i'd say cord too, mine did crazy stuff when the cord was bad... wouldn't let me see half my music or download, it all sorts of weird stuff, changed cord... back to working perfectly!!!

stay_high
10-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Or try plugging a different ipod into the head unit...

Well i restored the ipod to factory and it worked... for 3 days. Then i skipped a song and it made the same high pitched ringing noise and will no longer play and music. But it still connects to it just fine and i can browse thru my music on the HU, just wont play a song when i click play. Guess i restore the ipod again lol.

Edit: i tryed multiple cords with no success.

jrdnhsnbrg
10-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Sounds like it's an issue with the ipod, as I already thought...

Side Show
10-21-2013, 10:53 PM
so it's an issue with the ipod then, try a software update for it or try another ipod in it and see if it has the same fault. shouldn't only work for 3 songs.

stay_high
10-22-2013, 06:42 PM
so it's an issue with the ipod then, try a software update for it or try another ipod in it and see if it has the same fault. shouldn't only work for 3 songs.

Ya the software is up to date. I have yet to find anyone with an ipod that i can try. But i just restored the ipod to default again so ill see how it will last. Oh and i ment 3 days or so not songs. I probably played and skipped thru 100 songs and it played fine until i skipped a song. Mabey the HU doesnt like certain file types or something because i get my music from a few different places

Side Show
10-23-2013, 12:22 AM
shouldn't have to restore the ipod to factory setting, you just need to reboot it. think you hold the menu and play button down, it'll turn itself off and back on.

make sure you do this while the ipod is disconnected, should loose any song or anything and should start working soon as it's finished starting up.... does the ipod get hot in the car?