PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Soundqubed mr6.5s and th25s - "open air" install

Whisperer
10-15-2013, 09:46 AM
Sourcing parts for install into a Polaris Side-by-Side. I've got my HU, amp, subs, and electrical done. Not happy with my current mids/highs.

I'd been out of car audio for a bit until this build. Noticed the PA offerings at Soundqubed and thought they might fit the bill for what I want - loud, efficient, "decent" sounding speakers that hold up fairly well against the elements. And that are cheap enough that if/when they do eventually die it won't hurt too bad to replace them.

Tweeters would be mounted somewhere under the roof, so they won't get water dumped on them from rain etc. Mids are going in pods w grilles.

So are the Soundqubed PA speakers worth it? How well do they perform? Any recommendations on a different set of components?

calebkhill
10-18-2013, 06:18 AM
Alot of people like Crescendo fur pro audio

NASTY08IMPALA
10-18-2013, 07:33 AM
Sourcing parts for install into a Polaris Side-by-Side. I've got my HU, amp, subs, and electrical done. Not happy with my current mids/highs.

I'd been out of car audio for a bit until this build. Noticed the PA offerings at Soundqubed and thought they might fit the bill for what I want - loud, efficient, "decent" sounding speakers that hold up fairly well against the elements. And that are cheap enough that if/when they do eventually die it won't hurt too bad to replace them.

Tweeters would be mounted somewhere under the roof, so they won't get water dumped on them from rain etc. Mids are going in pods w grilles.

So are the Soundqubed PA speakers worth it? How well do they perform? Any recommendations on a different set of components?

I have 4 of them and a pair of supertweets in my car ..and i couldnt be happier ..they are loud and crisp ..and can take lots of power...

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Alot of people like Crescendo fur pro audio

And they sound way better and are louder than the nendo pwx.s

NuckinFutz
10-18-2013, 07:57 AM
A local shop has installed some digital design b-1 tweeters into roofs. They sounded pretty good. Probably the same thing as the audioque though.