PDA

View Full Version : Box making noise or subs?

6inarow
09-12-2013, 12:03 AM
I have two kicker comps running at 400 watts a piece and they jump out of the case none to less, they are extremely loud and deep. I'm a clean bass head, I love it loud he crisp. I have a Phoenix Gold SR 80 amp, the kickers, and wiring, costing me about 400 dollars in trades and labor. I noticed the box seems to be making a whooshing noise, closer to a vibration noise if anything. I visually inspected the box and nothing is loose or damaged, if I push on top of the box the noise seems to go away. However if I really thump on them its nonexistent. It's a custom performance ported box tuned at 35hz. It's really aggrevating me and im thinking of a reseal... Any advice?

bbeljefe
09-12-2013, 12:24 AM
If you can push on the box and stop it, the box needs to be braced, sealed shored up, replaced, or whatever it takes to stop the problem. The fact that you can't hear it at high volume doesn't mean it goes away... it just means the drivers are making more noise than the box.

Side Show
09-12-2013, 01:19 AM
^^ this guy, i'd go with a brace to start with....

phemps
09-12-2013, 02:23 AM
I have two kicker comps running at 400 watts a piece and they jump out of the case none to less, they are extremely loud and deep. I'm a clean bass head, I love it loud he crisp. I have a Phoenix Gold SR 80 amp, the kickers, and wiring, costing me about 400 dollars in trades and labor. I noticed the box seems to be making a whooshing noise, closer to a vibration noise if anything. I visually inspected the box and nothing is loose or damaged, if I push on top of the box the noise seems to go away. However if I really thump on them its nonexistent. It's a custom performance ported box tuned at 35hz. It's really aggrevating me and im thinking of a reseal... Any advice?

answered your own question

6inarow
09-12-2013, 02:56 AM
After inspection the box has zero cracks or leaks, could the subwoofer be making the noise and echoing? Port noise? Or is there a very very very small crack and or leak causing issues?