PDA

View Full Version : Boomsbay and my terrible battery experience.

dasubmasta
09-10-2013, 03:53 PM
To start this off, I bought a c&d 135ah batt from him in March, when I got it I put it on the charger to make sure it had a full charge. Well it jumped from 12-15 volts also instantly. Being the Noob I was I thought **** that's normal. But now with my research and experience, I bought a xs power d3100 and never had a problem of anywhere like that. Same charger also. So I contacted boom after buying it and let him know it was a bad battery. His response was that I must have ruined it and there's nothing he can do... This was a while ago and being the good guy that I am I tried to work it out with him. But nothing. Now he won't even reply to my texts or messages on here. If wondering I had a 240 amp alt.

dasubmasta
09-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Also the battery wouldn't even hold a very small load

Boomsday
09-10-2013, 07:02 PM
The battery was purchased in Feb 16 2013 via paypal, It was load tested and checked before it left me. The customer got the battery in 100% working condition, he even texted me to let me know how happy he is (I still have all text messages). In April 2013 He texts me asking about how to charge the battery, i go over the basic up keep of AGM batteries with him he purchases the same charger that I have and still have to this day.

June 2013 He texts me and says that his voltage is acting up and he thinks its the battery, He tells me that he redid his grounds and after that he started having voltage drop (I still have the texts)..I tell him that if he ships it back I would get him a replacement, he doesnt ever respond to the message so I assumed he fixed the issue

Aug 2013 He text me and says that I knowinigly sent him a bad battery makes threats, etc ( I ship about 8-12 batteries per day and never one problem) and that he wants a refund, I told him I would exchange the battery if he shipped it back but he has had the batt 7months used and abused it now wants his money back. Not gonna happen..

dasubmasta
09-10-2013, 07:14 PM
For one that's when I initially installed the battery and I told you I added another ground point to see if it would help. And also you told me to ship the battery back that I paid for and you would give me a discount on another battery? That sounds fair? You know you sent me a bad battery and your covering your actions up. I've never lied and I have a great reputationfor hhelping others and buying and selling. Ship me another battery and I'll send you this one back.

Boomsday
09-10-2013, 07:21 PM
I will not ship you another battery until the other battery has been received.. Period

The battery was in 100% working order when you received it.. Period

After you even claiming you really had no idea what you where doing a few months later all of a sudden the battery is dead, honestly sounds to me like u overcharged it I still have the text of u saying it was charging in the 15s and I told you that it shouldn't be that high

Boomsday
09-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Have literally sold batts to tons of members on this as well as 7 other sites and not a single problem, and if there was one when I offered you the replacement you wanted a refund

Thats like buying a sub using it for 3 months, messaging the seller and saying the sub has coil rub now but I think I can fix it, then blowing it and asking for a refund months later

dasubmasta
09-10-2013, 07:29 PM
No that's like buying a sub with the coil already rubbing and asking for a refund. And I told you I would send it back all you said was you wouldgive me a ddiscount on another battery. Well I want what I overpaid for!

Freeman
09-10-2013, 07:48 PM
:popcorn:

dasubmasta
09-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Post the proof of you saying 15v wasn't too high, you keep saying you have proof. Also prove that this battery was 100%? Can you? Did you load test it? Probably not. And why would I trust you'll send me another battery?

09civic
09-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Post the proof of you saying 15v wasn't too high, you keep saying you have proof. Also prove that this battery was 100%? Can you? Did you load test it? Probably not. And why would I trust you'll send me another battery?

Because this man has sold to almost every god **** person who has wanted a car battery on the internet.

Get your **** together and accept the fact that you fucked up.

logan963
09-10-2013, 08:14 PM

You're dense lol, you messed up, accept it.

gumby688
09-10-2013, 08:22 PM
I have dealt with Boomsday several times and had nothing but awesome experiences with him. I think you fkd up and now are trying to get someone else to pay for it. Now I expect Boomsday will just post your texts and his load test results and you can go away.

bgowdy31
09-10-2013, 08:23 PM

im not taking sides, but he said that "it shouldnt be that high".....

bgowdy31
09-10-2013, 08:28 PM
and honestly its been 7months..... a lot could have happened in that time....

NASTY08IMPALA
09-10-2013, 08:47 PM
im not taking sides, but he said that "it shouldnt be that high".....

Yea my schumacher used to charge my whole batt bank charges at 15.4 in agm mode and has for years no prob ...im betting he fvcked it up somehow

bgowdy31
09-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Yea my schumacher used to charge my whole batt bank charges at 15.4 in agm mode and has for years no prob ...im betting he fvcked it up somehow

i have a diehard smart charger, mine all depends on the amp settings i set it to. i use 2amp and stays at about 13v-13.2(about agm rest voltage)... now on the higher settings it goes up

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

is that really safe??????

NASTY08IMPALA
09-10-2013, 09:10 PM
i have a diehard smart charger, mine all depends on the amp settings i set it to. i use 2amp and stays at about 13v-13.2(about agm rest voltage)... now on the higher settings it goes up

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

is that really safe??????

Thats at 2amp also its the only way i charge and i been doin it for years no prob so yea id say its safe...hell my alt constantly charges at 15.1 so lol

basswiigee
09-10-2013, 09:13 PM
he probably put it on a regular charge instead of a trickle charge... kills 'em...

dasubmasta
09-10-2013, 09:13 PM
For one no u didn't **** it up! And for 2 he told me the 15v+ was OK, we're getting this worked out right now.

dasubmasta
09-10-2013, 09:18 PM
I always used and always will use the trickle charge only. But thanks for saying what I did

Jes 42
09-10-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm sure this will all get worked out..Good luck guys!! :toast:

bgowdy31
09-10-2013, 09:28 PM
he probably put it on a regular charge instead of a trickle charge... kills 'em...

mines technically not a trickle charge, unless when its in "maintain mode" thats what it does. im a noob when it comes to batterys so i have no clue. my charger just gives them juice when they drop below 13v.... lol i guess thats a trickle :confused:

dbeez
09-10-2013, 09:29 PM
If yoj cant test or perform proper test in a timely manner after buying something used then you take all responsibility and liability if its a dud sorry but after this length of time whether you used it and killed it or just let it sit is mute you waited far too long to bring it up. Hes not selling brand new batts here folks.

basswiigee
09-10-2013, 09:43 PM
mines technically not a trickle charge, unless when its in "maintain mode" thats what it does. im a noob when it comes to batterys so i have no clue. my charger just gives them juice when they drop below 13v.... lol i guess thats a trickle :confused:

i'm new to the agm world too, and was out as fast as i got in... lol trickle charge i'm not sure, but i'm sure everyone will chime in if i'm wrong is just a slow process of charging it, all my agms kept going defective, went with stock batt. no problems... in 6 months went threw a couple yellow tops and a diehard plat...

nkrell11
09-10-2013, 09:51 PM
From what I see or can read the seller did everything properly if there was an issue you should have shipped the battery back for a full refund and not waited for a long period of time before claiming it was defective/broken. Additionally since I have never seen a thread claiming that the seller has poor business practices and or shady dealings then he is not in the wrong. I will admit that things go awry but it's both parties responsibility to take care of it promptly which it seems the seller was more than willing to do in the first place but you waited to claim foul practices in which time your practices could (or most likely did) ruin a good battery.

dasubmasta
09-10-2013, 10:10 PM
From what I see or can read the seller did everything properly if there was an issue you should have shipped the battery back for a full refund and not waited for a long period of time before claiming it was defective/broken. Additionally since I have never seen a thread claiming that the seller has poor business practices and or shady dealings then he is not in the wrong. I will admit that things go awry but it's both parties responsibility to take care of it promptly which it seems the seller was more than willing to do in the first place but you waited to claim foul practices in which time your practices could (or most likely did) ruin a good battery.

No I didn't ruin this battery, and No he didn't offer to take it back at no point!! How would I have damaged this battery so fast? Not like I was shorting it out! If you believe the battery was good then you've taken his side in this issue and there's no reason for you to comment. I WANT proof of the battery was good. Thought you have proof boomsbay? I've seen nothing yet.

nkrell11
09-10-2013, 10:38 PM
No I didn't ruin this battery, and No he didn't offer to take it back at no point!! How would I have damaged this battery so fast? Not like I was shorting it out! If you believe the battery was good then you've taken his side in this issue and there's no reason for you to comment. I WANT proof of the battery was good. Thought you have proof boomsbay? I've seen nothing yet.

In no way did I say that the seller was untouchable and that he did nothing wrong, additionally the only comment that I made that could be taken as a defense to the seller was that I hadn't seen any threads against his sales in the past in my frequent visits to this site. All I stated is was that you waited to long to make this claim/complaint. While I also said that you may have ruined the battery it stands to reason that after 7 months asking for a picture of a load test or resting voltage with a DMM that the seller still may or may not have after such a long period of time is like asking you to prove that you yourself didn't accidentally ruin it in the same 7 months. However since you have not so politely asked me to leave your thread I will provided that you don't continue to misconstrue what I have already stated and now explained.

dasubmasta
09-10-2013, 10:48 PM
I was working it out with him then I lost contact. I was also working 12 hrs a day 7 days a week. I just now got some free time. So call it how ever. This is now getting dealt with and maybe he sent me a battery on its way out? Maybe he didn'tknow and genu inely believes I'm trying to get over or something. But the fact is that I contacted him months ago about this. I'm just now posting this here since I couldn't get ahold of him.

The_Grimy_One
09-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Im sure everything will get worked out. @Boomsday is one of my close friends and he is a very solid dude and seller! Cant see him f@#$%$ anyone over, considering I first met him thru a transaction. Have traded, sold, and bought numerous items from him!

murph
09-11-2013, 02:30 AM
7 months, dead batt, posting now = fail

Reinhardt
09-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Boomsday, pm me I need a battery for my 1992 Toyota 4x4.

Silver-N-Black
09-11-2013, 09:32 AM

Yep, Let me buy a used sub and come back 7 month and b1tch about how the spider pack sags now.

WTF is wrong with people..

thatguy12
09-11-2013, 10:17 AM
even if you got a faulty battery you waited to long. i see yout ppint original poster but you gotta understand boomsday sidr. he thought you got a battery and were happy with it. months later (doesn't matter if it was one or ten months) its your job the first few days an itemcomes in to test it and make sure it works. work, family, your grandma did (etc) is no excuse not to check your getting your moneys worth of something. you didn't make sure it was working right away. its just sounds to shady for a seller to beilieve months later you had a problem thats 100% the sellers fault. you dont deserve a refund. even if you got a bad battery you should have to take this loss.

SUNDOWNBITCH
09-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Well this thread is pointless

hispls
09-11-2013, 10:25 AM
I took my Sears Platinum into Sears a couple months ago (3 years old). They load tested it, it was bad, they handed me a new one. This is why you buy batteries locally from a walk-in store. Sears or O'Reiley's will be able to honor a warranty.

dacheatham
09-11-2013, 02:02 PM
I took my Sears Platinum into Sears a couple months ago (3 years old). They load tested it, it was bad, they handed me a new one. This is why you buy batteries locally from a walk-in store. Sears or O'Reiley's will be able to honor a warranty.

THIS^^

I have only bought and sold one battery online and it did not work out. Shipping companies are usually not very happy about having to move around 75-100lb boxes and treat them as such.

dacheatham
09-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Oh...and Boomsday is a very respected seller on here. You are not going to get anyone to side with you...more likely you will convince people that they DO NOT want to do business with you.

My advice...Deal with this and eat the "loss". Whatever you paid for it, it is a lot less than you will lose in the long run if people on here do not want to deal with you.

Reinhardt
09-11-2013, 02:30 PM

The nearest Sears or O'Reiley Auto Parts is a 3 hour drive, 1 way from where I live. I work everyday so I cant take a day off just to go and buy a battery. I pretty much have to order online.

CandeShop
09-11-2013, 03:16 PM

Doesn't he offer "warranty" with his batteries? If its within that warranty period I don't see anything wrong with posting now.

Would like to see a resolution, but it's a shame that it takes a thread like this to get one.

dasubmasta
09-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Like I've said to all the haters. I contacted him a long time ago. I didn't want to post this here and make a conflict or possibly make him look bad in any way. Also. I don't care about what people think about me. Find one negative anywhere about me. All I have is good rep. Read the posts before jumping on the bandwagon

SounDrive
09-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Who's this "boomsbay" you speak of?

Jes 42
09-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Like I've said to all the haters. I contacted him a long time ago. I didn't want to post this here and make a conflict or possibly make him look bad in any way. Also. I don't care about what people think about me. Find one negative anywhere about me. All I have is good rep. Read the posts before jumping on the bandwagon
Has this gotten anything resolved?

bgowdy31
09-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Doesn't he offer "warranty" with his batteries? If its within that warranty period I don't see anything wrong with posting now.

Would like to see a resolution, but it's a shame that it takes a thread like this to get one.

its a "USED" battery...................

Jes 42
09-11-2013, 04:02 PM

:thankyou:

Nutdawg651
09-11-2013, 05:15 PM

I got one from menards but lost my reciept but I charged it on my card you think theyll still honor my 3 yr warranty its only 2 months old

Nutdawg651
09-11-2013, 05:17 PM
The nearest Sears or O'Reiley Auto Parts is a 3 hour drive, 1 way from where I live. I work everyday so I cant take a day off just to go and buy a battery. I pretty much have to order online.

That blows

Nutdawg651
09-11-2013, 05:18 PM

Someone I was gonna buy a batt from lol

bgowdy31
09-11-2013, 05:53 PM
I got one from menards but lost my reciept but I charged it on my card you think theyll still honor my 3 yr warranty its only 2 months old

they should if you stll have proof

Nutdawg651
09-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I got the serial on it that they cant say I didnt buy it from them but no reciept

SounDrive
09-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Someone I was gonna buy a batt from lol

I know... I've met him at a MECA competition before. I was just making the point that he spelled his name wrong

murph
09-11-2013, 07:38 PM

Yeah maaan the equipment is used and I'd like to offer you a 2 year warranty on it out of pocket. Maybe a month tops.

CandeShop
09-11-2013, 08:41 PM

So are the ones people were buying from "the battery man" and Boomsday was a "rep" for him last time I saw.

whitedragon551
09-11-2013, 08:49 PM
So are the ones people were buying from "the battery man" and Boomsday was a "rep" for him last time I saw.

Pretty sure that company no longer exists.

In any event based on the facts here. The OP purchased the battery in February. Asked about charging it in April at which point there wasnt any issue after 3 months of use. At that point its already to late to say the product doesnt work when we know for a fact it was working fine as the OP was doing maintenance on the battery and never raised any concern.

Also since when does a used product online get sold with a warranty?

bgowdy31
09-11-2013, 08:57 PM

and you see "the battery man" is no longer a vendor on here anymore....I havnt seen him on here(at least actively posting like he was in sometime). i remeber there was a big heat thread against him, and he was only a vendor for a month. if i recall those were used as well and didnt come with warranty that i can remeber.

if i sold a used batt i MIGHT put a 30 day money back warranty on it, but 7 months? ha, hell even expecting something after 2 months wouldnt happen, alot can happen to a batt in 2months.

bgowdy31
09-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Pretty sure that company no longer exists.

In any event based on the facts here. The OP purchased the battery in February. Asked about charging it in April at which point there wasnt any issue after 3 months of use. At that point its already to late to say the product doesnt work when we know for a fact it was working fine as the OP was doing maintenance on the battery and never raised any concern.

Also since when does a used product online get sold with a warranty?

^^^^This... unless you buy a refurb from a online store or something

UnderFire
09-12-2013, 02:06 AM

Home depot can look at the purchases made just from your card, you should go into CS and ask them if they can.

Nutdawg651
09-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Yeah i called them they have a special kiosk that you slide your card at and it pulls up every purchase ever made im too fukkin excited for tomorrow i said they should have that everywhere she laughed so hard

Austinw88
09-12-2013, 02:24 AM
I've done some deals with boomsday myself, hes is a good guy. and fast shipper i dont believe he would screw someone like this. hope you get this solved.

basswiigee
09-12-2013, 12:37 PM
^^^^This... unless you buy a refurb from a online store or something

depends on where you buy it online... i've bought some yellow tops from advanced, and they honored the exchange and refund at the store... deeply dicounted too, think i paid 129.99 each...

Braindead
09-12-2013, 01:09 PM

I think it's boomsdays evil twin

bgowdy31
09-12-2013, 03:07 PM
depends on where you buy it online... i've bought some yellow tops from advanced, and they honored the exchange and refund at the store... deeply dicounted too, think i paid 129.99 each...

**** thats pretty cheap for a yellow top. they are high

basswiigee
09-12-2013, 03:11 PM
**** thats pretty cheap for a yellow top. they are high

yup!!! most 'em on ebay are around there too....

hispls
09-12-2013, 08:33 PM

I'd say it may well be worth the drive if you even plan a big investment in batteries.

If I were to sell you my Sears battery Sears would still warranty it up to the date punched out on the top of it. I would certainly hope that the price someone would pay on a used battery with no warranty would be low enough that they could afford to throw it away if it failed in a few months.

I don't know who Menards is, but if you buy a store-brand, it's not like they can say you didn't buy it from them when you take it back to them. Otherwise, your CC company may well be able to find records if the part's store doesn't keep records.

, alot can happen to a batt in 2months.

A very compelling argument to buy something under warranty. Well, pay now or pay later I guess..

bgowdy31
09-12-2013, 08:39 PM
I'd say it may well be worth the drive if you even plan a big investment in batteries.

If I were to sell you my Sears battery Sears would still warranty it up to the date punched out on the top of it. I would certainly hope that the price someone would pay on a used battery with no warranty would be low enough that they could afford to throw it away if it failed in a few months.

I don't know who Menards is, but if you buy a store-brand, it's not like they can say you didn't buy it from them when you take it back to them. Otherwise, your CC company may well be able to find records if the part's store doesn't keep records.

A very compelling argument to buy something under warranty. Well, pay now or pay later I guess..

hmm.. i didnt think stores transfered warranties......

and yes agreed, i prefer to buy with warranty most of the time. i bought some 3 dekas g31 105ah each earlier this year and 1 of them actually went bad on my after like idk a month i guess BUT i mean i only payed 170 for all 3 of them, i wasnt expecting a warranty because they were used. i knew they were not brand new

SounDrive
09-12-2013, 08:44 PM

Same thing with interstate. As long as you've got the old battery, they'll honor the warranty/pro-rate (or should) at any dealer.

SounDrive
09-12-2013, 08:45 PM

Same thing with interstate. As long as you've got the old battery, they'll honor the warranty/pro-rate (or should) at any dealer.

dasubmasta
09-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Update. Boomsday is not messaging me nor replying to me what so ever.

basswiigee
09-12-2013, 10:43 PM

your not the only one!!!! although way different circumstances...

Jes 42
09-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Looks like that's it then.Imo you should have pushed this issue way earlier if you thought to have received a faulty battery.Not alot you can do now to prove he's in the wrong.Good luck.

dasubmasta
09-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Yeah but if this doesn't get fixed I'll bash him everywhere from now on. I wish he lived closer.

Knowmadic
09-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Scum of the earth award goes to..

Yeah but if this doesn't get fixed I'll bash him everywhere from now on. I wish he lived closer.

Lowflyin
09-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks for making this thread dasubmasta ; I will no longer be buying batts from boomsGAY.

lulz.......

Boomsday
09-13-2013, 03:54 PM

Bash away, I will continue to sale plenty batts, all it will take is one person to realize that you have zero knowledge about audio to know better then to listen to you. I told you to ship the Batt back and you refused, so there is nothing else to talk about, and if u lived closer you still wouldn't do sh1t

dacheatham
09-13-2013, 04:43 PM
I like garfield

Bash away, I will continue to sale plenty batts, all it will take is one person to realize that you have zero knowledge about audio to know better then to listen to you. I told you to ship the Batt back and you refused, so there is nothing else to talk about, and if u lived closer you still wouldn't do sh1t

dasubmasta
09-13-2013, 06:05 PM

For one I can prove that you said you wouldn't let me get a replacement. All you said was you would give me a discount!? Haha already bought the batt. Discount for what? And if I lived closer I would beat your ***. How I know nothing about audio though is beyond me. Your a lying joke guy

CandeShop
09-13-2013, 06:17 PM

Circumventing the vendor status rules too? @whitedragon551 isn't that a slap in the face?

pro-rabbit
09-14-2013, 09:52 AM
He knows he needs to be a vendor to sell on this forum.

Per this thread (and past history) he has admitted to indeed being a vendor/business.

dasubmasta
09-14-2013, 04:04 PM
We're working on a deal