PDA

View Full Version : Box building software of Ebay

620hpcrx
05-15-2004, 02:05 PM
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50568&item=5700149583&rd=1
It looks like it has a pretty good interface and it would be great for any first time box builders. Also it is only 12 bucks shipped.
Anyone know the name of this software? I would like to find out more about it.

Nitropyro666
05-15-2004, 05:34 PM
i just emailed him asking what it is. Once we know you can prolly find a download somewhere. either kazaa bearshare or download.com
Danny

Omarvelous
05-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Looks interesting....

I think it might be something he made himself.

Who knows! Get that info!

RUDEF2
05-17-2004, 10:42 AM
looks to be called 'ProBox Professional'

Nitropyro666
05-17-2004, 12:19 PM
cool thanks man i will try to find it , if i do i will post alink so you can all try it!
Danny

monte_carlo97
05-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Someone post an link if you find it.

smullen
05-18-2004, 05:32 AM
I just orderd a copy... Including shipping and handling it was like 12.00... I figured I haven't actually paid for software in years, so I'm about due to buy something... Again, its 12.00, you blow that on a few drinks....

I'll post my review after I get it and play with it...

620hpcrx
05-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Well smullen if it turns out good for you im gonna order a copy too...unless someone finds a link for free download lol.

smullen
05-18-2004, 12:50 PM
I gotta wonder how legit it is though... I mean the software was literally .05 cents and the shipping was 11.95... I'm kinda afraid its a scam of some sort... The seller did have like 120+ positive transactions... So..... Well, we'll see...

620hpcrx
05-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Yep thats one of the trades of Ebay...jack up the shipping lower the BIN. A disk is only $3 max to ship it.

Omarvelous
05-19-2004, 11:42 PM
Some do it to catch the incentive buyers.

They see 5cents they BIN n might forget to look at shipping.

Or they do it to make it more attractive.

PhatalOne
05-20-2004, 03:00 AM
I'd say the guy is trying to keep eBay from taking its cut of the Final Value Fee from his sales.

smullen
05-20-2004, 05:16 AM
Its been like 3 days now since I paid him and I have not heard from him yet... I'm starting to wonder....

smullen
05-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Anyone else try to buy software from this guy??

Its been like 6 Days now since I paid him and I've e-mailed him 3 Times.... NO response..

Here is my last email to him...

To: [email protected]

Hello, I am e-mailing you about the Box building
software that I won the aution for on Ebay...
Again, I won the auction on May 18th and sent a paypal
payment on the same day...
I sent you an e-mail that day, telling you I had sent
paymet with my shipping address and everything...
A few days later, I e-mailed you again, saying I had
not heard anything from you....
It is now the 24th, 6 days later... I would think you
could have atleast responed by now... Every other time
I have purchased something off of e-bay, I've had it
by now...
I kinda suspected something was up after realizing how
cheap the price was...
Could you drop me a line and let me know whats up...
I'm not trying to be a pest or start trouble, I'd just
like to get the item I bid on and won...

What do ya's think?

jokertlr
05-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Anyone else try to buy software from this guy??

Its been like 6 Days now since I paid him and I've e-mailed him 3 Times.... NO response..

What do ya's think?

Sounds very suspicious. I think maybe you are going to learn a $12 lesson.

dbornotdb
05-26-2004, 12:27 PM
What happen smullen?

smullen
05-26-2004, 02:13 PM
What happen smullen?
Next update...

The guy finally replied and it seems like something got messed up with paypal and he never got the payment... I kind of have to beleive him as I never got a receipt from paypal for the transaction....

I went and re did it and sent him a second payment,,, I got a receipt and it shows up on my account's ledger now...

So, I guess it'll be another couple of days... Before I see anything..

I'll reply again, when I get an update...

smullen
05-31-2004, 01:56 AM
Update.... For thoose of you that are still watching this thread for updates...

It came... I got the software Satuarday night, it was there when I checked the mail...

It came in a plain brown envelope and on a single CD... It was in working order, not scratched, bent or anything... Although, it looks to be a Burnt CD and the lable looks like it was made on a low end HP deskjet... It is in fone condition... (I gotta wonder if its legal or not)

The program ""Pro Box 5.0 for Windows"" installs easily, but is not as cool as I expected... I dunno what I expected, but this wasn't it...

I have not got much play time with it, but it looks to be more limited than I thought.

The enclosures it can help with are:

Sealed
Ported (round ports NO vents or Slots)
Isobaric
Ported Isobaric
two or three bandpass enclosures

and for the number of subs you can se are 1,2,3,4..... If you want to do more (such as 6, you are outta luck)

I was gonna add sme of the RE XXX drivers to the database, but not all the specs that it asked for are listed on RE site...

Welp thats it for now, I'll play more when I get time...

DARKHART
06-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Does the program look like it does on the ebay site? If so does it also have the "cut sheet" capablity as it implies on screen?...