PDA

View Full Version : options for blowing speakers?

srch4aresn
09-02-2013, 11:28 AM
i bought a pair of new hertz hsk 165 (off ebay, no warranty). while trying to get my system tuned off a sundown 100.1 i turned it up too loud and that speaker shut off. i replaced the rca cable and it works now but the speaker sounds muffled and crackling which is a tell-tale sign from what ive read.

im still going to try and test everything to make sure 100% it is the speaker (and not the headunit rca output, amp rca etc) but if it is the speaker, do i have any options? they haven't seen 10 minutes of playing time

CaptainMaximus
09-02-2013, 11:40 AM
O gosh...that hurts in my stomach....especially with no warranty...

bubbagumper6
09-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Pretty much only one option...buy a new one and be more careful next time.

whitedragon551
09-02-2013, 12:42 PM
May want to look through this thread to find out if they are counterfeits. There is a reason Hertz doesnt sell online. Its a different model but will have alot of the same counterfeit characteristics.

Spotting Fake Hertz MLK165 speakers - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum (http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/general-car-audio-discussion/114189-spotting-fake-hertz-mlk165-speakers.html)

Knowmadic
09-02-2013, 12:54 PM
If they are counterfeits, file a claim on PayPal for counterfeit merchandise. You'll have your money back within 7-10 days.

srch4aresn
09-02-2013, 01:54 PM
**** it! all my equipment is already in the car and i have to leave for work now!

thanks for your fast responses but i think im completely fuct here. mainly because......... i bought these in april and just now installed them

srch4aresn
09-03-2013, 12:39 PM
well thank you guys for helping me spot my fakes!

this is the post that gave it away for me
Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum - View Single Post - Sofia, bulgaria (http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/1466329-post7.html)

on the crossovers:
- real hertz has ohm symbol on the white boxes. fake hertz (and mine) just have letters/numbers.
- real hertz has one sticker on the back. fake hertz (and mine) have one sticker and a second sticker on the bottom as the "barcode and serial number"

also my grille i believe is the flatter wider version.

im really scared because i bought these back in april and just now got to install them. i already know ebay and paypal and are going to say "sorry, too late" but im going to give it my all anyways

srch4aresn
09-03-2013, 12:43 PM
and also this one
Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum - View Single Post - Sofia, bulgaria (http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/1466318-post6.html)

for the tweeters:
- real hertz have polarity signs by the terminal. fake herz (and mine) don't have the raised signs
- ive handled the tweeters about 2 minutes and the stickers are already falling off
- the "liquid electrical tape" is running and not very professional looking

even when i first got these and i was lookin at the crossovers i noticed they were really light and they didn't SNAP together. like if you pushed them together they'd stay, but a little touch and they'd come undone.

i already emailed paypal and the guy who i bought these from. ebay is next