PDA

View Full Version : sub/port aiming and cancellation

Beatin'
08-29-2013, 11:22 PM
i have a plan to build 2 4th order boxes for my 15's.

There are 3 ways I can set them in the trunk.

1. Both ports aiming to one particular side.

2. One aiming left, other aiming right.

3. One aiming towards the cabin, other aiming away.

I want to go with option 3 personally, but which setup has the least undesirable effect? I would like both ports to aim towards the trunk wall like my current sealed setup but it's not an option due to trunk lid size issues with the expected size of the 4th orders.

05pontiac08
08-30-2013, 08:13 AM
i have a plan to build 2 4th order boxes for my 15's.

There are 3 ways I can set them in the trunk.

1. Both ports aiming to one particular side.

2. One aiming left, other aiming right.

3. One aiming towards the cabin, other aiming away.

I want to go with option 3 personally, but which setup has the least undesirable effect? I would like both ports to aim towards the trunk wall like my current sealed setup but it's not an option due to trunk lid size issues with the expected size of the 4th orders.

the hell are you driving that has a trunk big enough for 2 15's in a 4th order? haha seriously

why cant you aim both ports in the cabin?

Beatin'
08-30-2013, 10:31 AM
the hell are you driving that has a trunk big enough for 2 15's in a 4th order? haha seriously

why cant you aim both ports in the cabin?

the same reason i can't aim them away from the cabin. The trunk trunk lid is too small to position them that way while putting them in the trunk. I can't put one in and rotate it to make room for the other one either. So they both will drop in the trunk sideways in order to fit.

So which of the stated methods will have the least or no cancellation?

05pontiac08
08-30-2013, 02:04 PM
the same reason i can't aim them away from the cabin. The trunk trunk lid is too small to position them that way while putting them in the trunk. I can't put one in and rotate it to make room for the other one either. So they both will drop in the trunk sideways in order to fit.

So which of the stated methods will have the least or no cancellation?

what kind of car? but honestly if i couldnt fire them into the cabin then do one each way so 2. One aiming left, other aiming right.

Beatin'
08-30-2013, 10:53 PM
what kind of car? but honestly if i couldnt fire them into the cabin then do one each way so 2. One aiming left, other aiming right.

1st gen dodge intrepid.

I'm mostly interested in the 1 away, 1 towards cabin setup, but don't understand if there will be noticeable cancellation.