PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant ex-enthusiast needs help picking a dd reciever

Dustygazongas
08-29-2013, 05:16 PM
A lot has changed in the 10 years I've been out of the game. I need help deciding which unit to buy for my truck.

2012 Ford F-350 King Ranch 6.7L Powerstroke

I'm not interested in competition or pure spl. I want something of moderately high quality that looks nice (not to flashy) and sounds crisp. I most likely won't be using an external amp for the mids/highs so it will need to have a good internal amp. There are 4 tweeters and 4 mid-bass drivers, as well as an 8" subwoofer with external amp behind the seat , all came stock from the factory.

My truck is equiped with Ford SYNC and steering wheel controls. These are a must have.

So the features I'm looking for are;

-Steering wheel control compatible
-Ford SYNC compatible
-Touchscreen (not 100% necessary but would be nice, are there pro's con's)
-CD / MP3
-Bluetooth (audio streaming)

Also, I use android phones so if there are some out there that are compatible. It would be nice to control Pandora through the reciever.

Thank you all in advance.

mylows10
08-29-2013, 05:30 PM
The 4 volt pioneers are good decks. If your looking more of a sq deck then the clarion nz702 So between $450-$700 for a deck. To keep the n sync you'll need a special harness $100+ and the same for steering controls $60+ If you don't want navi. Then the pioneer avhx4500or 5500 both 7" screens and touch screen