PDA

View Full Version : Loud bass surge

fire919
08-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Hello all,
i just hooked up one kendwood 9105d/alpine swr1222d @ 1ohm. I am using a (audiopipe high/low converter & 4gauge audiopipe amp kit) connected to factory stereo. after completing installation i had about 2hrs of playing time without any issue. now all of a sudden when my music is playing the bass just surges loudfor about 8secs at most, 3 secs atleast. (it sound like when your testing your subwoofer using one low frequency), and even if i turn the volume down it still happens at varying times. does any one knw whats causing this. can someone help please. all items are fairly new.

Buck
08-29-2013, 12:48 PM
We have this problem occasionally with line drivers. It's a weird phenomenon, where the bass keeps playing for no reason. If you disconnect your RCA's fromt the amp, does it continue?

fire919
08-29-2013, 12:56 PM
if i disconnect the rca's it stops

Buck
08-29-2013, 01:09 PM
So that means the excess signal is coming from the RCA's. Is there a short on the RCA's? Maybe a bad head unit or something like that? You if you leave the rca's connect to the amp but disconnected from the radio, does it still do it?

fire919
08-29-2013, 01:21 PM
well i haven't try it that way, all i did was disconnect the rca's from the amp, and left the other end plugged into the high/low converter. and when i did this everything was fine except i had no bass obviously. the rest of the interior speakers played just fine.

Buck
08-29-2013, 01:35 PM
well i haven't try it that way, all i did was disconnect the rca's from the amp, and left the other end plugged into the high/low converter. and when i did this everything was fine except i had no bass obviously. the rest of the interior speakers played just fine.

I missed that part, that is more than likely your problem. Some converters do that.

fire919
08-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Ok, which if any would you recommend I get

CaptainMaximus
08-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Would a ground loop isolator help Buck? If all else fails....

Slo_Ride
08-30-2013, 02:50 AM
dont mean to be a **** but wrong section, this is the classifieds

phemps
08-30-2013, 04:26 AM
i had that problem in an install i did with a converter. When i would close the trunk lid it would slowly get louder until i closed it completely and it was just playing a constant tone and continued to when the trunk was reopened. Got rid of that converter and everything has been good since