PDA

View Full Version : Deck Input Changing On Its Own???

Milk Mayne
08-26-2013, 04:15 PM
So I have been running a Kenwood DDX370 for about a year now with zero issues. However, recently my unit has been periodically changing the inputs on its own. For example, if I am playing it on my iPod/Pandora/Radio it will sometimes switch to USB on its own without me touching anything. Originally I thought it might have been an issue with my USB cord or iPhone, but this can also occur when using ONLY the aux input or while playing the radio with nothing hooked up. This only occurs when I have the unit playing at my maximum listening level, 28/35. What could be the culprit causing this? Again, it doesn't happen all the time, only periodically. But sometimes it will happen over and over again.

EDIT - The deck is properly grounded, that's a non issue.

bbeljefe
08-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Sounds like a membrane switch has collapsed and is making contact periodically. Most likely when you hit a bump...

maylar
08-26-2013, 06:01 PM
If you have steering wheel controls it could be an intermittant connection picking up noise that kicks the source select.

Side Show
08-27-2013, 12:39 AM
check and make sure your not sitting on the remote control lol

Milk Mayne
08-27-2013, 06:44 PM
No remote control, I don't use steering wheel controls but I will check the membrane switch. However, this even occurs when the car is stopped, and I hardly have any bass in the car to cause vibrations. Any other possibilities?