PDA

View Full Version : Which one??

bluephigomab
08-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Pioneer AVH-8500BHS or Kenwood - DDX790????? I will have components (dont know which ones), two amps, (Sundown 3500dv2, ?) two subs (x-12s prolly in a sealed box).

naughtyca
08-23-2013, 12:32 PM
head unit either one

are you asking for suggestion on components, 2 amps and subs?

if you are post budgets

trumpet
08-23-2013, 12:43 PM
The Pioneer will give you an SD card slot and a more powerful equalizer. There are numerous other differences to the DDX790, but surely you can look for yourself. Crutchfield can help you compare both of these models.

bluephigomab
08-23-2013, 01:09 PM
head unit either one

are you asking for suggestion on components, 2 amps and subs?

if you are post budgets

I wasnt. However, if you could throw one or two my way that would be great. Thinking about using the sundown 125.4 for the components. Budget for Components are front (300-400) rear: (could do crescendo 6.5 components which are priced cheap)

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

The Pioneer will give you an SD card slot and a more powerful equalizer. There are numerous other differences to the DDX790, but surely you can look for yourself. Crutchfield can help you compare both of these models.

Hmm.. ok.. I like both of them. Will I need a DSP with either one of them?

trumpet
08-23-2013, 02:05 PM
I wasnt. However, if you could throw one or two my way that would be great. Thinking about using the sundown 125.4 for the components. Budget for Components are front (300-400) rear: (could do crescendo 6.5 components which are priced cheap)

Hmm.. ok.. I like both of them. Will I need a DSP with either one of them?

You don't need a DSP to run the system you're proposing. Depending on which one you get and how you tune it a DSP can radically improve the sound. A standard front, rear, sub system will run fine off either head unit.

What vehicle do you have? Does it have a premium sound system?

bluephigomab
08-23-2013, 02:13 PM
You don't need a DSP to run the system you're proposing. Depending on which one you get and how you tune it a DSP can radically improve the sound. A standard front, rear, sub system will run fine off either head unit.

I have a toyota venza with the 13 jbl speakers

bluephigomab
08-23-2013, 02:14 PM

I have a toyota venza with the 13 jbl speakers