PDA

View Full Version : SOLD/CLOSED Soundstream DTR1.3400 stable at .5ohms

Durango03
08-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Item(s) for Sale:

^^^^

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Ok, sold this amp to an individual on CACO. He had it for about a week and things got weird.. He said the amp was making engine whine with gains all the way down. I told him to check his wiring, check his RCA's, run power and rca's on opposite sides etc.. basically walked him through setting up his system. He then claimed to still be having engine whine.. Finally he said he swapped it out for another amp and the whine went away therefore it had to be the amp itself and requested a partial refund.. at this point I felt as if he might have been trying to pull a fast one and told him to ship the amp back and I gave him a full refund.

Amp worked perfect when shipped and when returned it still powers on and operates as it should (no longer have a setup so I simply hooked it to a 12v power supply).. Being as I can not test the "engine whine" issue Im selling as if there is a problem with the rca inputs.. Gut shots show no sign of damage whatsoever.

Price:

$275shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Included

Item Pictures:
(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

nkrell11
08-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Good price should go fast I've always wanted to try one of these due to the tfade reviews.

bgowdy31
08-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Item(s) for Sale:

^^^^

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Ok, sold this amp to an individual on CACO. He had it for about a week and things got weird.. He said the amp was making engine whine with gains all the way down. I told him to check his wiring, check his RCA's, run power and rca's on opposite sides etc.. basically walked him through setting up his system. He then claimed to still be having engine whine.. Finally he said he swapped it out for another amp and the whine went away therefore it had to be the amp itself and requested a partial refund.. at this point I felt as if he might have been trying to pull a fast one and told him to ship the amp back and I gave him a full refund.

Amp worked perfect when shipped and when returned it still powers on and operates as it should (no longer have a setup so I simply hooked it to a 12v power supply).. Being as I can not test the "engine whine" issue Im selling as if there is a problem with the rca inputs.. Gut shots show no sign of damage whatsoever.

Price:

$275shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Included

Item Pictures:
(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

really solid amp here guys. if my hdc3 was a dual one id take :crap:. ive owned one before

Durango03
08-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Good price should go fast I've always wanted to try one of these due to the tfade reviews.

Thank you. Yea tfade is what convinced me to give them a try.. they are overlooked quite often. Had two, sold both, and ended up with this one again.. if I still had both I would just grab another 2 and run 4 of them in the future, but life is full of regrets lol.

nkrell11
08-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Yeah they really don't come up often.

79bronco
08-19-2013, 04:54 AM
PM coming your way

edit: box full... guess I'll just post here

Interested in the Soundstream DTR amp you have listed for sale. I have one problem. You mentioned something about an amp whine. I'm not an amateur installer like it sounds like your previous customer was, so I can assure you it will be installed properly; however, I am afraid of buying an amp with potential damage. Is there no way you can connect the amp to verify that it is in good working condition by hooking it up to a running car? If so, I would be more than happy to purchase the amp.

Thanks

nkrell11
08-19-2013, 06:48 AM
PM coming your way

Interested in the Soundstream DTR amp you have listed for sale. I have one problem. You mentioned something about an amp whine. I'm not an amateur installer like it sounds like your previous customer was, so I can assure you it will be installed properly; however, I am afraid of buying an amp with potential damage. Is there no way you can connect the amp to verify that it is in good working condition by hooking it up to a running car? If so, I would be more than happy to purchase the amp.

Thanks

Reading>you

79bronco
08-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Reading>you

Thanks for your super useful post!

I can read, actually... I just refuse to believe that someone with 800+ posts who is active on multiple car audio forums has no means of hooking up an amp to a running car.

Was hoping to get a reply from the OP, who seems to be genuinely honest about what he has and what he is trying to sell, instead of a smart-***, "go read" post from a third party. I am a serious buyer, more than you can say about posting in this thread. Now if we could please keep the extra post fluff out of the thread, that'd be great.

OP, let's say I do buy the amp, hook it up, and am able to replicate the whine. Are you willing to refund my purchase price if I ship the amp back to you? I will gladly eat the shipping costs because if this does work out, this would be a great deal for me.

Durango03
08-19-2013, 08:45 AM
PM coming your way

Thanks

Thanks for your super useful post!

I can read, actually... I just refuse to believe that someone with 800+ posts who is active on multiple car audio forums has no means of hooking up an amp to a running car.

Was hoping to get a reply from the OP, who seems to be genuinely honest about what he has and what he is trying to sell, instead of a smart-***, "go read" post from a third party. I am a serious buyer, more than you can say about posting in this thread. Now if we could please keep the extra post fluff out of the thread, that'd be great.

OP, let's say I do buy the amp, hook it up, and am able to replicate the whine. Are you willing to refund my purchase price if I ship the amp back to you? I will gladly eat the shipping costs because if this does work out, this would be a great deal for me.

Thanks, Ill clear out my inbox momentarily!

As you can see from my sig, I have literally sold off all of my audio gear due to other personal issues. Point being I have hooked it up to my truck to make sure the previous buyer didnt fry it, just dont have any subs to duplicate the noise with.

Also, Ive priced the amp as if there was a problem with it to make things fair for both the buyer and myself. If you would like to take the time to test the amp with a guarantee of a refund of able to duplicate the noise then I hope you understand when I say I would be willing to do so pending we agree upon a "properly working condition" price.

79bronco
08-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Sorry to hear you have to get out of the hobby, for one reason or another.

If all you're missing are subs, I'd say maybe go "borrow" some el cheapo's from a pawn shop?? I would have no problem paying you what the amp is worth, pending you can verify it is in good shape before it ships.

Durango03
08-19-2013, 05:54 PM
I can maybe see if I can find a buddy locally that has a system... only one I can think of off the top of my head is currently in the hospital for one reason or another (Think it was an OD but hes not saying lol)

Anyways, Ill see if I can find someone to let me hook this bad boy up to their subs and video the noise/lack there of

79bronco
08-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Any updates?

Durango03
09-29-2013, 10:05 PM
no updates, never got around to testing the "noise".. Meeting with a friend next weekend to check it out.

Dropping price to $200+shipping for now