PDA

View Full Version : Clarion cz702

stromtrooperttr
08-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Right now I have a Kenwood KDC BT652U and I was thinking about upgrading to the clarion CZ702 but have heard mixed reviews with clarion and would want some mire opinions before I actually get it. I was wanting a had unit with digital time alignment and this one seemed to fit I just wanted to know if it is junk like some reviews say or is it actually nice like the others say. Thank you for any help I'm advance!

trumpet
08-18-2013, 02:15 PM
While I'm biased since I sell Clarion, the CZ702 is far from junk. It has beautiful sound quality without adjusting anything, and the front channel crossover settings allow one to run a wide bandwidth speaker crossed much lower than your typical active head unit allows for. Some have complained about the equalizer, but for some reason a lot of people underestimate the power of a 5-band parametric EQ.

smgreen20
08-19-2013, 12:53 PM
I too, am biased to Clarion (for good reason, and I don't sell them), but that's what I'm using right now. I have an outboard EQ so I don't use the built in 5 band para but to troubleshoot the sound. It's a great deck packed with features for its price point. I will agree, a 5 band para is plenty if you know how to use it.