PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 610c tweeters are dead

inspector3711
08-15-2013, 10:01 AM
So a few months ago we had new systems installed in both cars. In my wife's we had Alpine 610c's in the front. They are powered by an Alpine brick amp. Everything was great until we noticed last night that the front sounded weak.

I faded everything to the front and both of the tweeters are silent.

I know her listening habits and she doesn't crank it. Also the fader was set so that the rear had +1 so if anything, I would expect a failure in the rear first.

I also find it odd that both tweeters are completely dead, zippo, zilch.

It's all under warranty, but I'm curious what you all think could be the problem.... I seriously doubt she ever drove them hard enough to fail. If it were a wiring issue I would think that only one side would be affected.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

inspector3711
08-16-2013, 12:21 PM
68 views and not a single post... Well i'll be taking it back to the dealer as soon as I get a chance. Sometime in the next couple of weeks.

inspector3711
08-29-2013, 11:43 AM
An update. I took it back to the installer. Turns out the drivers side tweeter had crapped out and both sides had fallen through. The bracket that was originally installed failed to hold them in place.

They fabbed up two new brackets, replaced the toasted tweeter, and trimmed the gain on the amp to prevent another blown tweeter. So far it's working perfectly again.

cbuts
08-29-2013, 11:46 AM
good to hear, i hate not getting a response.. lol

azmcrae
09-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Alpine tweeters tend to be hard to blow..
Interesting even one failed.

Side Show
09-02-2013, 04:16 AM
did you have or get a flat battery befor this happened?