PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas for rear and components

Ghostxyz
08-12-2013, 04:12 PM
I have a kicker l5 in the trunk for the lows and my in car speakers don't sound bad by any means but I would like to get some more out of them to compliment my new sub.

I have 6x9's in the rear, 6 1/2 for the fronts and 1.25 for the tweeters.

I really feel like the rears are OK for the time being but I'm trying to stay 100-rear -150ish for the fronts and not really sure how much tweeters go for.

All I see at local shops is pioneer, jbl, kicker, and other branded names but their very expensive naturally at car audio shops.

trumpet
08-12-2013, 04:31 PM
For that budget you're going to be stuck with entry level speakers. Your options improve if you combine the speaker budget to spend ~$250 on the front speakers. You can do the rear speakers later.

bradl79
08-12-2013, 06:03 PM
I am looking forthe same. I want some comps for the reartoo. I was looking at Polk Audio DB6501 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P0R6LQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ)

rome58
08-12-2013, 06:42 PM
I would just focus on making the front solid nice component set and nice amp, and don't have anything in the rear you have a sub already rear speakers wouldn't be missed at all

calebkhill
08-12-2013, 07:23 PM
For that budget you're going to be stuck with entry level speakers. Your options improve if you combine the speaker budget to spend ~$250 on the front speakers. You can do the rear speakers later.

Yup

OldManBass
08-12-2013, 07:39 PM

Exactly, spend your money up front :)

bradl79
08-12-2013, 07:58 PM
I like the full sound so i want some good sound from the rears. I have my highs up front and mids and lows in rear. I want some highs to in the rears. I already tried to have all tje sound in the front but was too much for me.

trumpet
08-13-2013, 12:57 PM
I like the full sound so i want some good sound from the rears. I have my highs up front and mids and lows in rear. I want some highs to in the rears. I already tried to have all tje sound in the front but was too much for me.

It sounds like you have a tuning issue if having all the sound up front was "too much", although what you said doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Ghostxyz
08-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Ok I will start pricing out a nice pair for the front.. I do agree that the rear speakers IMO sound pretty good but I just figured if I'm doing the fronts why not do them all.

trumpet
08-13-2013, 07:31 PM
The only reason, in my opinion, you may want to upgrade the rear speakers is if the bass quality is lacking. 6x9s can put out good bass. If you're not concerned about the car sounding like a band is playing in front of you then you likely don't care if your bass is all coming from the back. Those of us who do want some level of imaging and staging have spent many, many hours on the front speaker installation and tuning, sometimes for minor improvements. That said, I still recommend you focus on the front speakers and spend more money there. Give it a chance, you might get a lot more out of it than you expected.