PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Expect at a MECA SQL Event?

Skooter
08-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Well, as the title says, I'm wondering what I should expect. I plan on attending this event: http://www.mecacaraudio.com/flyers/8-18-13PA.jpg

I've been working on a setup that is simply a daily driver setup, but I wanted to enter in a low class of SQL and SPL just to see what it's like and see how my setup stacks up. My build progress can be found here: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/579410-2005-buick-rainier-build-log.html

I'm not entirely concerned with how well I do, but am I going to embarrass myself? :uhoh:

What are these events like? How many people usually show up? How long do they usually last?

Thanks guys,
Skooter

thatguy12
08-10-2013, 03:28 PM
you wont embaress your self. most people don't come with the straight beast thousands of dollers set up. the shows are a blast though. they usually go for 4 to 6 hours. we all just hang, demo. youll do your run and youll almost always get a trophy if you compete. at least the wi shows. the shows ive been at there usually is 50-100 people but around 15-20 people competing. but every shows different. most of the time theres a grill out with good food for cheap. overall there a awesome way to spend a day.

Skooter
08-10-2013, 03:34 PM
you wont embaress your self. most people don't come with the straight beast thousands of dollers set up. the shows are a blast though. they usually go for 4 to 6 hours. we all just hang, demo. youll do your run and youll almost always get a trophy if you compete. at least the wi shows. the shows ive been at there usually is 50-100 people but around 15-20 people competing. but every shows different. most of the time theres a grill out with good food for cheap. overall there a awesome way to spend a day.

Awesome! I've been excited to go to this for months, and now I learned that I had to have surgery 2 days after, so I wanted to do something fun and exciting. Makes me feel even better about it that it's just a bunch of people just hanging out and doing demos.

Thanks for the reply! You just settled my uneasy nerves.