PDA

View Full Version : budget 6-3/4" midbass

bdavies11
08-07-2013, 06:12 PM
I was looking for some suggestions on some budget mid-bass for my 2000 camaro. Up front I've got 6-1/2 pioneer rev comps and a 12" shiva-x in the hatch. I would like to spend no more than $100 for the pair (I know it's not much but just something to hold me over for a little while). They'd go in the sail panels (just behind the driver/passengers shoulder). I've got 60-80wrms to throw at them and would like something that plays decent down to 80 or even 65hz if possible.

04murdalanche
08-07-2013, 06:26 PM
exodus anarchys are $120 shipped right now.. by far the best mids, midbasses ever.. play down to 40 hz easily... especially with the limited amount of power you'll be supplying them.. spend the extra $20 dude I GUARANTEE you wont regret it.. if you wanna see em in action just go to my build log on here and watch.. they are amazing

trumpet
08-07-2013, 06:30 PM
You'll need an amplifier to power them, and they aren't $100, but CDT Audio HD-6MDVC (http://cdtdealer.com/easy-way-electronics/megabass/hd6mdvc_sub.htm) is made to fit in exactly that location of your vehicle.

bdavies11
08-07-2013, 06:43 PM
exodus anarchys are $120 shipped right now.. by far the best mids, midbasses ever.. play down to 40 hz easily... especially with the limited amount of power you'll be supplying them.. spend the extra $20 dude I GUARANTEE you wont regret it.. if you wanna see em in action just go to my build log on here and watch.. they are amazing

hmm do you know the mounting depth on those? I think I only have a max mounting depth of about 3 1/2 inches to play with, maybe less.

Jeffdachef
08-07-2013, 07:07 PM
hmm do you know the mounting depth on those? I think I only have a max mounting depth of about 3 1/2 inches to play with, maybe less.

they are really deep, your going to have to make mdf rings and make sure it doesnt hit your door panel too.

™Caveman
08-07-2013, 07:11 PM

I have a pair of bazookas made for your app. $65 shipped.

bdavies11
08-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I have a pair of bazookas made for your app. $65 shipped.

What are your thoughts on a trade for a pioneer premier deh-p780mp Head unit? It's got the patented blown pico fuse but I've been using it in my car for years (still using now) and works great with the grounding work around.

Reinhardt
08-08-2013, 11:36 AM
I bought a pair of these a couple of weeks ago, less than $100 and they sound great, I am running about 80 watts to each side. They say 6.5" but they are really closer to a 6 3/4" than a 6 1/2" speaker.

Amazon.com: Morel Maximo 6C 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers: Car Electronics (http://www.amazon.com/Morel-Maximo-6C-6-5-Inch-Speakers/dp/B0035FZJFS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375972327&sr=8-2&keywords=morel+maximo)

gckless
08-08-2013, 11:36 AM

Where? They be sold out broski :(

Mounting depth is 3.66". They are big booty hoes. :)

™Caveman
08-08-2013, 02:29 PM
What are your thoughts on a trade for a pioneer premier deh-p780mp Head unit? It's got the patented blown pico fuse but I've been using it in my car for years (still using now) and works great with the grounding work around.

Have any other tradable's. Car and non car audio will do. No use for a head unit.

04murdalanche
08-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Where? They be sold out broski :(

Mounting depth is 3.66". They are big booty hoes. :)

Yeaaahhhh playboy. I love it, I can still roll my windows all the way down in my hoe with only a .75 inch spacer

gckless
08-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Yeaaahhhh playboy. I love it, I can still roll my windows all the way down in my hoe with only a .75 inch spacer

Hey **** you! I made the worst spacers in the world :(

04murdalanche
08-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Hey **** you! I made the worst spacers in the world :(

In your case, function over form.. And for what you needed them to do they are perfect man. Not like anyone's gonna seem em anyways.. I'm not gonna lie though I'm super happy I can still roll them all the way down yet..
Have you gave yours a listen yet? I'm listening to "in the zone" by decaf in my truck right now and Ive got my subs off, my mirrors and outer door skin are shaking from the mids.. I **** you not lol. They're so amazing

gckless
08-09-2013, 10:58 PM
In your case, function over form.. And for what you needed them to do they are perfect man. Not like anyone's gonna seem em anyways.. I'm not gonna lie though I'm super happy I can still roll them all the way down yet..
Have you gave yours a listen yet? I'm listening to "in the zone" by decaf in my truck right now and Ive got my subs off, my mirrors and outer door skin are shaking from the mids.. I **** you not lol. They're so amazing

They're visible right now :/

But nope, end of the month my Levi will be rubbin their sweet asses with 390W per of 8ohm goodness.

04murdalanche
08-10-2013, 04:18 AM
They're visible right now :/

But nope, end of the month my Levi will be rubbin their sweet asses with 390W per of 8ohm goodness.

spray em black, wont be noticeable.. people will be to interested in staring at that **** cone on teh speeka..

lmao, ive got one set of them in ATM on the DC 175.4 so 100 rms give or take.. cant imagine that much on em. holy shat. im probably gonna do two sets in my doors.