PDA

View Full Version : Mid and Tweet for 3 way?

Skooter
08-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Well, I have Sundown NeoPro V2's on the way, and I want to match a mid and tweeter to make a 3 way setup. I was wondering if there are any 3" component sets with just the upper mid and tweeter available on a passive crossover, so that I can run the NeoPro active on it's own channel and then the mid and tweeter off the same channel.

I have a PPI BK800.4 for my front stage, and am currently running the stock Bose 2" in the dash, an Alpine 1" tweeter in the A-Pillar, and of course, the NeoPro in the doors. It sounds good, but I'm looking for more mid-high frequencies. I have MB Quart DKE108 3.5" speakers laying around, but no more amplifier channels. I have thought about replacing the Bose speaker with the MB Quarts and running them off head unit power.

Am I thinking about this all wrong? Is there another way to do it without breaking the bank?

trumpet
08-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Midbass active with mids/tweeters passive can work well. It's how my front left and right speakers are set up. CDT makes a 3-way crossover plus 2" and 3" mids. The crossover is going to start the mids at around 1 kHz. It has adjustments to control the output of the mid and the tweeter, and then you'll have your head unit for further tuning.

Skooter
08-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Midbass active with mids/tweeters passive can work well. It's how my front left and right speakers are set up. CDT makes a 3-way crossover plus 2" and 3" mids. The crossover is going to start the mids at around 1 kHz. It has adjustments to control the output of the mid and the tweeter, and then you'll have your head unit for further tuning.

Awesome! I'll look into CDT products then! I saw them on WoofersEtc. Are there other places to get CDT products at better prices, or is that the normal?

trumpet
08-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Awesome! I'll look into CDT products then! I saw them on WoofersEtc. Are there other places to get CDT products at better prices, or is that the normal?

WoofersEtc is not an authorized dealer for CDT, and a lot of their products are quite old and discontinued. I have a link in my signature for my CDT dealer store with the latest products and specs.

Skooter
08-08-2013, 01:51 PM
WoofersEtc is not an authorized dealer for CDT, and a lot of their products are quite old and discontinued. I have a link in my signature for my CDT dealer store with the latest products and specs.

Thanks alot. The help is very much appreciated.

mylows10
08-08-2013, 02:13 PM
I run the Es 010 tweets and the hd 2 Mids in my 3 way set up. Very nice sounding with smooth transient sound from the tweets. Also the tweets are reconable if needed ever and rated at 100 rms

calebkhill
08-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Is the 1" and 2" amped?
Is replace them anyway.