PDA

View Full Version : Exodus Anarchy Tapped Horn??

5.3bowtie
08-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Hey guys, wanted to see what you thought about building tapped horn enclosures for the Anarchy's similar to the below link.......

Reed Exodus Anarchy 25hz Tapped Horn (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1238398/reed-exodus-anarchy-25hz-tapped-horn)

Would this be good paired with a mid-range and a tweeter in a floor standing setup for a small apartment living room? I am just trying to get some ideas on how I can use these Anarchy's since I can't fit them in my doors.

Would you recommend a simpler ported enclosure over the tapped horn design? I know this is not a HT forum or a forum that uses 6.5" mid bass drivers for subs but I wanted to get some opinions from some box builders on what they would recommend. Buck, ProRabbit, RAM_Designs, etc. feel free to chime in.

Thanks for the help guys!

BigSix
08-04-2013, 12:44 AM
I heard good things bout that horn, all I can say is try it and let us know!

04murdalanche
08-04-2013, 12:49 AM
I heard good things bout that horn, all I can say is try it and let us know!

i second this, just got my first of 4 total pairs put into my doors in my truck, running a two way set up.. they sound great so far.

5.3bowtie
08-04-2013, 09:52 AM
I had originally wanted to put them in the doors of my 02 Chevy reg cab pickup. Didn't think I would have an issue since those doors are pretty big, however, there is a brace that runs the length of the door right behind the speaker opening. Didn't feel like cutting up the door and don't know enough to cut door panels and do fiberglass so I figured I may try to use them indoors.

I think I will contact ProRabbit and see what he would charge to make me a set of the horns. He is just up the road from me and has made several enclosures for me in the past that were nice quality. I am thinking birch would be nice, stain the cabinet a dark cherry red, then paint the face black. Would also like to fit a 3 way setup in there somehow so that I would just have these two towers house all the speakers.........

gckless
08-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Do it man. I posted that link a little while ago in another Anarchy thread. It got good reviews from those that built it. Good extension. Don't expect huge output, it's still only a 6.5", but it should do pretty well. I may end up doing it with some scrap wood in a couple months.

It would be cool to get some ribbon tweets and nice mids on the top of those enclosures. Just build on top of it and then, would be a nice tower.

5.3bowtie
08-05-2013, 01:36 PM
It would be cool to get some ribbon tweets and nice mids on the top of those enclosures. Just build on top of it and then, would be a nice tower.

This is exactly what I was thinking although I have not looked into ribbon tweeters yet. I think the output would be just about right for the living space in an apartment. Also unsure of what is out there to run active crossover points for all 3. I suppose I could just run 3 seperate amps like I do in my truck but I am trying to find a reciever or amp that would do all channels active.....

Roland
02-17-2014, 11:19 PM
Anyone try one yet?

I was thinking of putting two of these in the back of one of our minivans. Maybe one in each corner facing the back door. I would think together they might get 110 dbs or more in there?

T3mpest
02-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Anyone try one yet?

I was thinking of putting two of these in the back of one of our minivans. Maybe one in each corner facing the back door. I would think together they might get 110 dbs or more in there?

110? Pretty sure guys in the home are getting over 120 with a pair no sweat so in car that should be closer to a 140..

Roland
02-20-2014, 10:53 PM
Awesome, this should be fun.
Thanks