PDA

View Full Version : Anything going on in new york rome,utica,syracuse area?

real1on
08-01-2013, 09:46 PM
I wanna start looking into shows and seeing other people's work, I have googled soo much and can't find a think all I saw was the tnespl in Ogdensburg which was a pretty far drive for a first timer. I wanna get metered and see what numbers i can achieve. Maybe someone knows? Thanks guys!

real1on
08-02-2013, 07:01 PM
I guess not, I have heard years ago this was a big area for comps and shows wish it would come back.

Polariford
08-02-2013, 07:17 PM
I know around the 4th of July there was one in Macedon NY and one just last weekend in Rochester NY

real1on
08-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Really? I wish google would show something. Only thing I can find is tnespl with all event for the year are out of state.

Polariford
08-02-2013, 08:06 PM
yeah, I agree. No real way of knowing when local events come for this type of thing. I just kind of happen upon it from time to time. No advertizement or what not. You see more public notification for the tiniest of obscure genres than something that will be louder than any given 747 airplane rocking the area.

Polariford
08-02-2013, 08:19 PM
I have a guy that I will talk to in the am on Sat. He is the sales guy at one of my local audio shops. He may have some answers. I used to be into this kind of thing 20 years ago and the competitions and shows were often around the Rochester area. My son has entered this hobby of interest recently. It has motivated me to start building a system in the family sedan. 2005 Gran Prix with a Kenwood KDC-BT645U head and a Rockford P300-1 to 2 Kicker DVC 12" subs (sealed 1.7 cu ft. x 2) Just installed some old school amps. A Kenwood KAC-624 for the front components and a Thump THA-2000 for the rear 6x9's. The 4 corners are still factory, but will upgrade them soon enough. It has been a lot of fun doing this with my 14 yr. old son. As well as teaching the in's and out's of how things work and why. I will post if I have anything to add after talking with this guy tomorrow. Good luck in your search.

real1on
08-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Thanks man that would be very helpful!!

bland
08-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Tnespl is having their finals in Brewerton Aug. 25th. It's invite only, so you won't be able to get metered, but spectators are welcome. All the big guns will be there.

psych0ticnemes1
08-05-2013, 02:40 PM
There are a lot of us in this area. TNESPL is all over, and Syracuse does a show every now and then. Hit me up and I'll tell you more about it.