PDA

View Full Version : walled or trunk ported

mensah0077
08-01-2013, 02:01 AM
i really dont know about walled that much i was wondering which 1 is better or louder i a car walled or trunk ported

CaptainMaximus
08-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Trunk ported, highest sol #'s do not come from walled set ups I'm pretty sure, somebody correct me if I'm wrong. For example, my eclipse would sound better with a trunk style ported design because if I walled the vehicle, I would lose the hatchback effect. Walls are also generally more expensive. Hope this helps.

NASTY08IMPALA
08-24-2013, 12:44 PM
loudest trunk at worlds were sub /port forward with box pulled all the way back against rear of car...but every car is different...what is ur goal? what setup do you have in mind ? is this going to be a daily setup or for competition only ? what kind of vehicle is this going in ?

pro-rabbit
08-24-2013, 01:03 PM
I assume you are asking about a sealed off trunk or a my standard setup...not actually asking about "walled" correct.

When did it become common for sealing off the trunk to be called "walled", they are not even close to the same :crap:

T3mpest
08-25-2013, 01:55 PM
I assume you are asking about a sealed off trunk or a my standard setup...not actually asking about "walled" correct.

When did it become common for sealing off the trunk to be called "walled", they are not even close to the same :crap:

Yeah, I've seen it at least 3x recently and each time I get confused for a split second, then rage for another second lol. I think all the kids who want to seem hardcore like the idea of saying they "walled their vehicle" without actually doing it right and pulling the back seats.

Buck
08-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Depends on vehicle. Sealed off trunk vs. firing rear in the trunk.