PDA

View Full Version : 4 15s 4th order

ryanrj828
07-30-2013, 08:58 PM
im trying to wrap my head around how to build a 4th order box, but it seems the more i read the more im second guessing things. my question where do i start on designing a box, what factors do i need to consider? i have 24 cubic feet to work with before woofer, bracing, and port displacement will i have enough room? its for 4 obsidian 15s. i want to tune around 45-50 hz. if someone can lead me in the right direction or help me figure out where to start that would be awesome!

shauncox26
07-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Look up the 4th order thread. Don't know about the required enclosure size of those obsidians but 24 cu. Sounds a little small for 4 15's in a 4th order. Im not real familiar with the ins and outs of a forth but the thread i listed helped me. Im doing a forth for two obsidian 12s and my designs take up over 12 cubes.

jdawg90
07-31-2013, 01:08 AM
im trying to wrap my head around how to build a 4th order box, but it seems the more i read the more im second guessing things. my question where do i start on designing a box, what factors do i need to consider? i have 24 cubic feet to work with before woofer, bracing, and port displacement will i have enough room? its for 4 obsidian 15s. i want to tune around 45-50 hz. if someone can lead me in the right direction or help me figure out where to start that would be awesome!

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/581717-4th-order-thread.html